Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Got to ride in Sedona :)

1K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  sinatorj 
#1 ·
I finally got to try Sedona. I was on my way back to Henderson, NV after dropping off my daughter at school on the opposite side of dugan ranch. I am convinced a person needs to spend 2-3 dys oh what the heck at least a week and more to have fun everyday.

I ended up getting shown by a 60 something rider the trail of cockscomb, and aerie with this great fun gentleman. I usually ride alone but it was fun to ride on the tail of his tires to make me learn how to really try to view the trail while following him.

After we went our own way I explored and rode the deadman's pass trail up and down. It was fun to ride this area which I think is red rock park area. Is this considered east or west sedona?

Now I am looking at finding time to go back.

#3 ·
Deadman's is in the West Sedona Dry Creek Area. Since we built Aerie and came up with some fun loops including Chuck Wagon, Gunslinger, Cockscomb, Dawa, Western Civilization, Christmas Wash, OK, Arizona Cypress and Long Canyon there are multiple options to have a great riding experience IF you are over 60 or part of the 70%. Other riders may need to go to other destinations such as the North East area where the other 30% and some of the 5%ers HANG OUT.

TD

#5 ·
It's how .01% of people on this forum rate the other 99.99%? It's a way to feel like one belongs to some group of people? It's a way to put oneself above others?

In a statistics class I learned that 87% of statistics are made up on the spot and 92.5% of them have no factual basis. The instructor also said that 100% of people that use percentage statistics to convey a point are full of sh*t.

#21 ·
TD as far as I can remember you have posted 1 set of pics on some stairs and a bush clearing project. With all this flack and disturbance you bring to MTBR. How about some more images of your before and after work. Let us see what you are truly doing to get a better understanding of this trail work or destruction of yours. I'm serious on this request, as I would like a better over all picture of your work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.