Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sedona - Where to stay?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  traildoc 
#1 ·
I'm coming out to Sedona in early December for a long weekend of riding. I've never been in town before. I'll be renting a bike at OTE. Can anyone recommend a place to stay? Not looking for fancy. Just need clean, with a comfortable bed, pool/jacuzzi and easily accessible to the trails and restaurants/bars. Hampton Inn? Baby Quail? Any others? Thanks!

#2 ·
Have you stayed there before? I only ask because Sedona is divided up into 3-4 areas different areas and (1) area might fit what you're looking for better than the next. OTE is over in West Sedona which is the older part of town and where the 'average joe' probably lives. Most of the "standard" hotel chains are on the main drag 5-6 miles south near Oak Creek. Then there's the Uptown area with tons of shops, some touristy and some artsy, that has less hotels but there is plenty to see.

I would just do a search on Expedia, orbitz or Hotels.com and see if there anything that jumps out at you. There is riding all over so you pretty much can't go wrong.

#3 ·
I've never been to Sedona before. The guys at OTE suggested the Hampton Inn, which is right near the shop. They say that the bars and restaurants are walking distance from there. Ideally, I want to be able to stay someplace reasonably cheap and really not have to drive at night.....I'd pretty much like to limit the driving to getting to a trail head (if necessary) and sightseeing.

#6 ·
La Quinta in Oak creek can be the ticket.
Clean and great access to many things.
Surprisingly cheap sometimes.
Ride to many trails right out the front door.
Beer, pizza,Thai, baked goods just a few pedal strokes away.
Priceline is a good suggestion-you can often score 3-4 star digs super cheap, you just won't be guaranteed that you can put your bike on dirt from the front door.

#13 ·
ronski:

After the Tomahawk to Burger King 11/11/11 ride I took some of the dirt bag folks over to the Los Avocados where we did the famous SPA and shower thing. Then we headed over to the casa to barbecued some Filet Minion for the entree. For the veggie I soaked some strips of zucchini and yams in olive oil which we also barbecued. I also made up a wonderful toss green salad with a mixture of freshly washed romaine and butter head lettuce with sliced imported tomatoes, diced Imperial Valley cucumber, freshly hulled walnuts and local red grapes.

We also drank some imported beer that we got at the local dollar store for a buck a six pack. What a wonderful day of riding and socializing it turned out to be.

Got about four new friends coming in tomorrow to check out the new trail improvements that we have done over the past year. Hopefully they are all part of the 70% group that will enjoy riding those sections they walked last year.

TD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.