Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bent tubes

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  wilks 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Would the orientation of the RP23 as it sits on a 2011 sultan be similar to how the CCDB would sit on a sultan? If so, it looks like with that type of set up, you wouldn't need the bent tube of the 2012 to accomodate this shock on 2011. Am I correct? The sale has me itching to buy the 2011 sultan.

But maybe at 4.7 inches of travel on the Sultan, you wouldn't want/need this shock?

#4 ·
I want a CCDB air for the tunability. PUSH rocks, but being able to tweek that much on the fly is awesome, love my coil versions.

As far as fit. that Air Can is large so depending on how that orients, that'll determine the need or lack there of (probably frame size dependent) of the bent down tube.

#7 ·
I realized that when I first looked at these shocks I was looking at the coil version and assumed that the small can isn't in the same place on the air version. Looks like there would definitely be interference with the downtube for the 2011 Sultan using the air version. Maybe I'm wrong though?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.