Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sacred Rides - Argentina (Patagonia)

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sacredrides 
#1 ·
Hi all,
My wife and I are considering a trip with Sacred Rides in Argentina. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this outfitter/ guide.

Thanks for any info. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
We attended the Ontario Skills Camp at Buckwallow in July. First time ever dealing with them, but it won't be the last. In fact, our experience was so positive, we are returning in September to attend the fall camp.

Great people, super professional, and excellent value.

We fully intend on joining Sacred Rides for a trip in the near future...perhaps we will see you in Argentina!

Rick in Dundas.

#3 ·
My wife and I have been on 3 trips with Sacred Rides in BC, Peru, and Slovenia/Croatia. All have been both amazing travel experiences, as well as phenomenal mountain-biking. The international trips have been well-run, the local guides have been great, and it's been a great way to see a new place and meet locals in a way that we otherwise wouldn't have if we had just been on a regular vacation.

As an organization, Sacred Rides has been great to work with. We've appreciated their approach and tangible actions regarding sustainable tourism. Compared to other options, their prices are pretty reasonable and they have a great track record. Our trips with them were in 2003, 2008, and 2009 and they've just been getting better and better.

#4 ·
Sorry to throw spanner in the works here, but my experience with Sacred Rides last year wasn't great. Disorganised (i.e. no clear communication resulted in lots of lost riding time) and unprofessional especially given the money paid. The scenery was absolutely stunning where we were biking, but was really disappointed with the company. I've google searched and there are other companies that offer better value for money...it depends on the trip.

If money isn't an issue, and you don't mind disorganisation then book with them as the places they do ride are absolutely stunning

#5 ·
sorry to hear paradisebiking. Was this the Argentina trip? My understanding is that last winter was their first trip to that locale. Perhaps this was the cause of the communication problems?

So far my communications with them have been exemplary. They seem like they have their stuff together. I try to be flexible and live in the moment when traveling to different countries as not everyone moves at our pace. I might get to my destination later than expected, but I usually find "lost time" as part of the adventure. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Interesting. Maybe it was a one off then. No - it wasn't Argentina or any other "emerging country" so no excuse really for all the disorganisation we experienced. I know for a fact I wasn't the only disappointed customer.

I have travelled the world and completely agree with you regarding flexibility when travelling independently in some countries. However, what I do expect a certain degree of organisation and service when I am paying a lot of money to a tour operator in Europe and NA.

Good luck with your trip!

#7 ·
Interesting. Maybe it was a one off then. No - it wasn't Argentina or any other "emerging country" so no excuse really for all the disorganisation we experienced. I know for a fact I wasn't the only disappointed customer.

I have travelled the world and completely agree with you regarding flexibility when travelling independently in some countries. However, what I do expect a certain degree of organisation and service when I am paying a lot of money to a tour operator in Europe and NA.

Good luck with your trip!
Thanks for the additional info. I agree, you should expect your guide to have a certain amount of organization when you're paying them to do just that.

Sorry to hear your trip was less than satisfactory. If you're ever looking to do a trip to Costa Rica, I can highly recommend Costa Rica Rios. They are the most organized guide service I've ever seen. Whitewater paddling comes with its own set of logistical nightmares, and these guys make it look easy. They also run a week of adventures trip that offers a little bit of everything.

Best of luck in your future travels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.