Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Gota Share The Excitement

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Mojo Man 
#1 ·
After building up a Lynskey Ridgeline 29 SS and getting is SS shape I don't want to even look at my highend carbon full squish. I don't know what it is about the bike, frame geo, liteness or simplicitry but I can fly on this bike like no other. I'm making gearheads wounder what passed them. I'm so fast on this bike i'm carving turns like I've never done on my 26 full squish.

After a bad endo because of my ability to push the speed and handling envelope, I've slowed down abit on the downhills but it's still a blast.

When the weather is bad for single track I throw on a 13 tooth and ride the road hills. I'm out climbing some gear heads there too.

The SS thing just gets you pumped full of addrenaline or something, I just don't know. I guess if you had to try and explain it to someone, they wouldn't understand anyway.

I was very lerry about this build at first because of the cost but i'm glad I did it. What a 50th birthday present to myself.

Mojo

#10 ·
This is my second year on a SS Ridgeline and my first at 50.
I ride the Lynskey during the week, and my FS on the weekends, which are typically longer rides and at higher elevation.
I love riding the SS and could not care less if I'm faster or slower, it is just plain fun and relaxing.
About being 50, don't really care much about that either. I'm still riding 4-5 times a week, and having a great time. Fitness is a bonus, the mountains of Colorado are a bonus, but fun is what I'm about on a mountain bike. Well, that and the beer afterwards.

#6 ·
Age doesn't mean a dam thing unless it's bottled. Besides, isn't 50 the new thirty?

What sucks is that I don't look 50 or feel it. I keep telling myself it's just a number.

You guys will be there before you know it, life goes by so fast.

I recently went to a July fourth party, it was sooo pethetic looking at all of the people over weight out of shape in their 30's and 40's. I have nothing in common with slugs like that.

Cycling training is the best thing for you, weather mtn of road.

Hope I can ride at this pace when I'm 60

mojo

#8 ·
Just went out to test ride my newly installed Sram XX 2 x 10 set up on my full carbon squish. Did 2- laps, 15 miles at race speed. Doing a 24 hour team race this weekend with my squishy. Feel I need some gears because my knee ballooned up at the last 24 hour running a 1 x 10. Then again it may be just due to eary season conditioning, or lack of it.

BOY IT IS MORE FUN RIDING MY SS BY FAR. I'd rather stand and smash rather than sit and spin. Even though sitting and spinning is more efficiant, I just feel awkward and like a sissy rider just spinning the low gears on the climbs. I also miss the efficiacy of the hard tail, even though It takes more of a beating, but it is a good type of beating. It all ties in together with the SS experiance.

My geared buddy just doesn't get it, says he needs the gears, I keep telling him it's all in you head, gears is for wimps. He's one of those Triathelon roadie types.

Pictures tomorrow

Mojo

#12 ·
My SS Build

Finaly a post of my SS

As for the 24 hour race, we cleaned our class finishing 2 1/2 laps a head of second place with a 4 man team. Our times were very consistant throughout the event, only 4-6 minutes separating us.

Can't waite for another one

Mojo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.