Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mingus solo runs

537 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  kubo 
#1 ·
For non-shuttle days...best route up for doing loops on 28 and 533?

Will be using my 6 inch trail bike 1x9 that climbs pretty well for my gearing, except for steep parts. I love hike and biking, no worries there.

opinions on easiest way up...28 or 533?

Cheers

#3 ·
Th highway is what ive usually done to get a few runs in, but i guess 533 wouldn't be bad, its not crazy steep/rocky like 28.

#5 ·
Th highway is what ive usually done to get a few runs in,.
your a frigging monster dude. No way would I pedal up for a few runs . Maybe once but thats it and it would be hard to bring myself to that for a short run. Think I would rather pedal up 533. Only a few spots at the bottom I would see being an issue or hard to clear coming up.

Talk about earning your dh :eek:

#4 ·
533 is a great climb. It's graded perfectly for climbing. It's about the only one of the Mingus trails that is 100% ridable up, most of the others are too steep.. you could do it but it wouldn't be fun. Once you get to the top of 533 you still have to climb up 111 (or I guess you could take the fire roads) to get to the top of 28. 111 isn't a bad climb either.

I just happen to have some GPS data for you on that:

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1046961

From 1.5 to 7.5 mi is the top you're talking about.

#6 ·
Wow I'm surprised nobody has done the - up 28 and down 533 loop... You would have to walk your bike through the rocky section on 28 towards the top, but its pretty short in comparison. That way you would get the fastest uphill with the longest downhill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.