Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sunrise

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  grimcow 
#1 · (Edited)
Whos going to sunrise 5/28/011??????

#3 ·
Here is the most important question... Has anyone been up there to check the conditions of the trails and if so has there been any work done, blow downs cleared, etc? Not really worth it if you have to spend the first 2 weeks clearing the trails for the resort.

#5 · (Edited)
sinatorj said:
Here is the most important question... Has anyone been up there to check the conditions of the trails and if so has there been any work done, blow downs cleared, etc? Not really worth it if you have to spend the first 2 weeks clearing the trails for the resort.
Davin from Cactus Bikes talked with the trail crew and the last word about a week ago was that all trails were clear minus chutes and ladders, because of snow fall.

#9 ·
kubo said:
Davin from Cactus Bikes talked with the trail crew and the last word about a week ago was that all trails were clear minus chutes and ladders, because of snow fall.
When did sunrise get a trail crew, last time I was there trail crew was made up of individuals willing to forgo a day of riding to make trails passable. I will wait for a report before making the journey

#10 ·
sinatorj said:
When did sunrise get a trail crew, last time I was there trail crew was made up of individuals willing to forgo a day of riding to make trails passable. I will wait for a report before making the journey
Apparently they do...
They did have it were you can help out in the morning before the lifts open, as you know... but I'm not sure if that is still going on or not.
I wouldn't wait for an accurate report, they're not the most tech savy peeps. Call Davin at Cactus Bike, he has a good grasp on whats really going on.

#12 ·
sinatorj said:
It not a trail crew per say. They go and clean the trails of dead fall ,that is it. Heading up and with a few riders and staying at the lodge if they are open,cant get anyone to answer there. :confused:

#14 ·
Wow sounds like you have some issues with sunrise. Just a observatin. Not bagging on you. Sunrise is what it is A place to ride a lift to the top. Better then some no way as good as most. But the only place we have here in AZ.
Oh yeah got hild of the logde they are open
Heading out saturday morning staying overnight and riding sunday Have room for one more in the car. Let me know if anyone is interested.

#15 ·
No real specific issues, just the 'ol been there done that. Same trails for over a decade with no real efforts from the management to improve. Place will die as soon as Snowbowl jumps on board. But for the present you are right, the only option we have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.