Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Globe Sunday anyone?

1K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  tgiles 
#1 ·
Anyone wanna shuttle globe on sunday? trails are in great shape!

I don't have my seat for the bed of the truck anymore so until I get another it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring something to sit on while in the back :D

#2 · (Edited)
oh no dedicated driver so it will be like last year swaping drivers .. So I gotta know/trust ya to drive the truck;)

Also this is kinda a last min thing as I am heading out to go camping here soon . I was just trying to find a reason to extend my stay up there is weekend.

#5 ·
Dude!You gotta let people get home!....I would be up for that on Sunday.The inlaws are in town ,so that would be perfect if others can go.
Camp under a cell tower so you can post if this is gonna go or not.....Seriously.cell tower.

#16 ·
landing there ladder vanished..There were like 4 planks in bad need of replacing and just didn't get to it so I figure they took it out for saftey reasons..Oh well even more reason to keep it to dirt as all the other features are still there.

#18 ·
Yeah they have been working it over the last week. Many new square edge water bars and a few other fixes/block offs . Trail is awesome shape from peak to bottom. Icer in great shape also and kellner has some deadfall still.

#19 ·
clockwork said:
Yeah they have been working it over the last week. Many new square edge water bars and a few other fixes/block offs . Trail is awesome shape from peak to bottom. Icer in great shape also and kellner has some deadfall still.
That Coconino group looked pretty ambitious, and I was a little curious to see how much change they were gonna bring to the trail.

#21 ·
u2metoo said:
That Coconino group looked pretty ambitious, and I was a little curious to see how much change they were gonna bring to the trail.
Yeah I wish they had done what the other trail crew did with the upper waterbars as those rocks they picked have some pretty sharp edges. Wouldn't be hard to pinch flat or dent a rim . They also covered over the wooded corner towards the bottom with dirt so it looks more berm like but totally negates the reason it was there. Yeah it was a bit slippery when wet but water flowed thru it now water just going to follow the trail in that section :( . Oh they also closed off the switchback cut just right before the same turn.

#23 ·
Yah like I said drop was there last weekend. But not this weekend. Also they have graded it a few times in the last week. Yes its getting smooth but lots of loose rock that they are still screening into dips ect. Also almost all of the pot holes have been fixed also. Compared to a month ago the road is butter.

#24 ·
clockwork said:
Yah like I said drop was there last weekend. But not this weekend. Also they have graded it a few times in the last week. Yes its getting smooth but lots of loose rock that they are still screening into dips ect. Also almost all of the pot holes have been fixed also. Compared to a month ago the road is butter.
That's good to hear. I'm headed out Saturday. :)

#25 ·
Damn, that sucks 6 hits is gone. We put alot of work into building that.:mad: Glad people got to enjoy it. Is the road graded smooth enough to drive my lowered car up?:D I did drive it up once a couple years ago, averaged about 5 mph.:eekster:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.