Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

three hours to ride in Sedona...first time...what trail?

756 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  clockwork 
#1 ·
Finally have a chance to get to Sedona for the first time. I've been reading through the visitor forum and I'm thoroughly overwhelmed. Where's the "best of" list? Looking for advice on which trail I really need to hit, as I will probably only be able to get one ride in.

Criteria:

• I'm an advanced rider. I spend most of my time jumping freeride bikes but I'll have my slackish 6" AM bike on this trip.
  • I'll take fast, smooth, and flowy over technical chunder any day. (NRA over south mountain). But if all Sedona has is chunder, I'll take it!
  • Jumps and drops are welcome, if they're out there.

Thanks for any recommendations.

#2 ·
ruppguts said:
  • I'm an advanced rider. I spend most of my time jumping freeride bikes but I'll have my slackish 6" AM bike on this trip.
  • I'll take fast, smooth, and flowy over technical chunder any day. (NRA over south mountain). But if all Sedona has is chunder, I'll take it!
  • Jumps and drops are welcome, if they're out there.

Thanks for any recommendations.
Highline is a favorite of mine if you don't mind a little climbing.

This is a video by Silver_Slug.

#3 ·
If you can ride 3 hours without stopping, park at the little horse trailhead, or the church just north of it off chapel road, and ride up to the hogs ( high on the hog, hog heaven etc.) then back up broken arrow, and down/over and hit highline. Then take templeton to HT to your car. In psycho race mode I can do that route in 2:40 and its around 16 ish miles of fun. I ride a Nomad that weighs a ton.

#4 ·
pwrtrainer said:
If you can ride 3 hours without stopping, park at the little horse trailhead, or the church just north of it off chapel road, and ride up to the hogs ( high on the hog, hog heaven etc.) then back up broken arrow, and down/over and hit highline. Then take templeton to HT to your car. In psycho race mode I can do that route in 2:40 and its around 16 ish miles of fun. I ride a Nomad that weighs a ton.
Holy smokes that route in 3 hours would be psycho race mode. I would like to add the hogs trails to highline though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.