Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Highline "Red" Sedona

5K views 53 replies 17 participants last post by  traildoc 
#1 ·
#11 ·
rockman said:
hmm, I think I've been properly motivated for some red rock. I'm thinking Damifino-Killer B if anyone wants to meet at BK 11ish. Nice vid.
Would love to, but it's a bit of a drive.:rolleyes: Did you mean today (Friday May 20th?)....or tomorrow?

Very cool video btw, MJRDR.

#16 ·
MJRDR:

Nice video. I got a chance to ride Highline today myself with 20 other riders. Conditions were nice when we rolled through. Later on in the afternoon 11 of us headed up to check out Hangover. Conditions were a lot better today on both trails than last Tuesday, due to the nice rain on Wednesday.

For the next 10 days the weather looks pretty good for some great riding in Sedona.

TD

#18 ·
traildoc said:
MJRDR:

Nice video. I got a chance to ride Highline today myself with 20 other riders. Conditions were nice when we rolled through. Later on in the afternoon 11 of us headed up to check out Hangover. Conditions were a lot better today on both trails than last Tuesday, due to the nice rain on Wednesday.

For the next 10 days the weather looks pretty good for some great riding in Sedona.

TD
Your making a lot of friends Mr. Ambassador. In contrast to 20 riders I ran into 0 riders on the 15 mile Damifino-Birdcage-Centenial-Burger King Loop.

#20 ·
rockman said:
Your making a lot of friends Mr. Ambassador. In contrast to 20 riders I ran into 0 riders on the 15 mile Damifino-Birdcage-Centenial-Burger King Loop.
rock:

I tried to split the 11 person group between Damifino and Hangover and only had two takers, so we decided to stay wih Hangover. Had one crash on the ride, but the rider shook it off and continued w/o missing a beat. Everyone loved the rollin to Hangover off the top of the saddle.

TD

#21 ·
traildoc said:
MJRDR:

TD
I have not done hangover how does that compare to Highline?

#22 ·
DustyBones said:
Ah yes!
The Red Rocker - Sammy the Man!
Nice Vid; Sedona is always so colorful!
Yeah last few vids been digging in the archives - shown my age but then again the classics sound as good as when I first heard them. Red and Sedona just seem like a the perfect match. Provides the correct amount of stokeage. Thanks!

#25 ·
Having been to Sedona twice to mtb from New Zealand, that video made me envious...

A fantastic riding spot is Sedona, I actually enjoy it more than Moab to be honest. Yep the canyon at Moab is sweet, without that though, the place I feel wouldnt be what it is...

Again, Sedona rocks... Said a kiwi from a long way away..

#26 ·
traildoc said:
Second That!!!!! I understand the Hogs are looking good. May check it out tomorrow on the Mt. Bike Heaven shop ride.

TD
I was in Sedona about a month ago and came across a trail north of 89A. I got the beginning of the trail out of the parking lot of the Amphitheater form there I went clockwise and ended up coming out Girtner trail head. Are you familiar with that trail. If so does it loop back to the Amphitheater and should it be done clockwise or counter clockwise. And do you know the name of that trail?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.