Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Road Road Road

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  tjkm 
#1 ·
I've only ridden my road bike since Whiskey.

On one hand I've come to appreciate the road rides a bit more, I'm taking more time to figure out routes as best I can to avoid mass traffic, getting in good 3 hour + rides. Realizing that I really can get out and road bike alone and the world won't end...

On the other hand, dang I miss my MTB! Come on shoulder, heal up so I can get me some dirt riding in.

#4 ·
randyharris said:
I've only ridden my road bike since Whiskey.

On one hand I've come to appreciate the road rides a bit more, I'm taking more time to figure out routes as best I can to avoid mass traffic, getting in good 3 hour + rides. Realizing that I really can get out and road bike alone and the world won't end...

On the other hand, dang I miss my MTB! Come on shoulder, heal up so I can get me some dirt riding in.
I'll be doing a road recovery ride in Prescott this Sunday, come on up and join us. you can have a chance to see the little store in Skull valley from the whiskey course. (no, not taking road bikes on the dirt road course)

#5 ·
I was thinking more like 3 hour ride time, not drive time... haha.

I'll bet it's a pretty area for a road ride, but can't take the full day from the family. Think I may do Silent Sunday at SoMo this weekend, I hear that's a good hill climb but haven't ever driven or ridden it before (road... have done it up Mormon/National.)

#6 ·
randyharris said:
I was thinking more like 3 hour ride time, not drive time... haha.

I'll bet it's a pretty area for a road ride, but can't take the full day from the family. Think I may do Silent Sunday at SoMo this weekend, I hear that's a good hill climb but haven't ever driven or ridden it before (road... have done it up Mormon/National.)
Somo road climb isn't that intense, especially if you endurance mountain bike. I believe it is ~7 miles from the parking lot. I sometimes do it twice (on the rare times I have road biked there)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.