Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Early Saturday morning ride?

3K views 67 replies 13 participants last post by  Grave9 
#1 ·
What's everyone got planned? Work has killed me this week and it's barely Thursday. Anyone wanna hit PMP early Saturday? I'd even be up for some SoMo action. Haven't been there in months now...

#2 ·
I'm a maybe. I'd hit PMP with you early Saturday if nothing else pans out for you Mike. Not sure if I can do SoMo on Saturday yet or not. I can pretty much commit to a very early 2+ hour ride through PMP though.

If SoMo, we'd likely want to make it crack o' dawn -- literally climbing Pima in the dark -- to miss the heat and crowds.

#4 ·
DesertCrawler said:
I'm a maybe. I'd hit PMP with you early Saturday if nothing else pans out for you Mike. Not sure if I can do SoMo on Saturday yet or not. I can pretty much commit to a very early 2+ hour ride through PMP though.

If SoMo, we'd likely want to make it crack o' dawn -- literally climbing Pima in the dark -- to miss the heat and crowds.
Either works. And I'll climb from Pima in the dark. I'll have to charge my MagicShine. And hope it doesn't blow up :)

K3N said:
I was planning on hitting Somo around 6. Thought I'd go to helipad before work. There, now you have options :)
Yes, options :) I've heard of Helipad but not sure where that's at... Is it more grunt work or technical like National is?

#21 ·
Fun ride. A little under 8 miles with quite a bit of climbing. Worked Irregular into the route after we did the 220 North, water bars, M&M.

Finally tried (and somehow survived) the EG line on 1A.

Drew beguiled us with his SS prowess. Mike provided inspiration with his tenacity to try and try again for those few occasions when required. I provided support by hanging back to make sure nobody snuck up behind us. :skep:

#22 ·
DesertCrawler said:
Fun ride. A little under 8 miles with quite a bit of climbing. Worked Irregular into the route after we did the 220 North, water bars, M&M.

Finally tried (and somehow survived) the EG line on 1A.

Drew beguiled us with his SS prowess. Mike provided inspiration with his tenacity to try and try again for those few occasions when required. I provided support by hanging back to make sure nobody snuck up behind us. :skep:
Very fun ride! Saw lots of bikers and a lost women with no water. Good times.............Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.