Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sedona blitz

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  traildoc 
#1 ·
What's up everybody, it'll be my first time in Sedona and I have one full day to ride and want to try and blitz it by doing 3 of the most popular aggressive AM trails. I'd like to say 3 of the best trails, but that is more subjective although I wouldn't mind those suggestions as well.

Would just like to hear people's suggestions, thanks in advance!

#3 ·
tonebone2000 said:
Well funny you say that because there happens to be a ride, called Triple H, that does combine 3 of the pretty popular trails:

http://mtbikeaz.com/2010/03/14/sedona-hhh/
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=529164
Perfect!!!! Thanks TB2000!

I'm not a gadget GPS type, and have always written down trail routes on paper on every new trail that i've ridden and have successfully navigated. Having said that, can one easily get lost or is it pretty straight forward with use of common sense to ride this? Any sites with detailed pics of turn by turn directions like geoladders.com?

#4 ·
tkbiker said:
Perfect!!!! Thanks TB2000!

I'm not a gadget GPS type, and have always written down trail routes on paper on every new trail that i've ridden and have successfully navigated. Having said that, can one easily get lost or is it pretty straight forward with use of common sense to ride this? Any sites with detailed pics of turn by turn directions like geoladders.com?
Honestly I would say this route would be impossible without a GPS, a guide, or a really super detailed map printed out on tons of pages. The majority of it is on unofficial trails with no signage and the beginning of one of the trails is even intentionally obscured from view.

#5 ·
tonebone2000 said:
Honestly I would say this route would be impossible without a GPS, a guide, or a really super detailed map printed out on tons of pages. The majority of it is on unofficial trails with no signage and the beginning of one of the trails is even intentionally obscured from view.
Yikers! Thanks for the heads up. Do you or anyone know of a good app for an HTC phone that would navigate me through the Triple H?

#6 ·
tkbiker said:
Yikers! Thanks for the heads up. Do you or anyone know of a good app for an HTC phone that would navigate me through the Triple H?
Depends which HTC it is. If it's Android based, I know EveryTrail has an app for Android: http://www.everytrail.com/android . Depending on which cell carrier you have reception can be pretty spotty in Sedona though. I have AT&T and there are quite a few areas where I don't get anything. People I've been with that have Verizon would be getting a nice 3G signal at that same time though.

#11 ·
helimech said:
Sorry can't, doing shuttles on Mingus on saturday. Its always nice to make new friends. I could PM you a contact that could show ya around if you want?
hm:

Thanks for offering to help out with the self-appointed ambassador duties. I got word today that one of the shops was visited by some tourons who said I wasn't responding to their trail intel requests. Not sure who they were, but I am offering them a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if they do a post on MTBR and can substantiate their initial request for me, to verify they actually tried to contact me w/o getting a response.

I am on vacation from my normal duties starting the 15th to the 22nd.

TD

#12 ·
tonebone2000 said:
Honestly I would say this route would be impossible without a GPS, a guide, or a really super detailed map printed out on tons of pages.
This /\

I have verizon and used every trail my first day in Sedona and it worked ok, kind of a pita to pull the phone out to check your location frequently.

I did map every ride I went on and I was never without a signal with verizon.

#14 ·
traildoc said:
hm:

Thanks for offering to help out with the self-appointed ambassador duties. I got word today that one of the shops was visited by some tourons who said I wasn't responding to their trail intel requests. Not sure who they were, but I am offering them a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if they do a post on MTBR and can substantiate their initial request for me, to verify they actually tried to contact me w/o getting a response.

I am on vacation from my normal duties starting the 15th to the 22nd.

TD
TD, come ride HotH & Ho with us on monday. Should be at the church by 9:30ish?

#15 ·
helimech said:
TD, come ride HotH & Ho with us on monday. Should be at the church by 9:30ish?
heli:

Thanks for the invite, but I will be trying to keep up with some other riders on a different ride that day. I have heard there are a few trail improvements :) on those trails, let me know how they ride:thumbsup: .

TD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.