Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone want to do a climb/descend ride in Prescitt on Sunday?

860 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  big0mike 
#1 ·
Looks like it will still be be chilly in Flag/Williams, but perfect here and way too hot in Phoenix (for me). Thinking of doing a ride up Smith Ravine, continue up Spruce Mtn to the 5.5 trail, down and then up the 3.5, then down to Smith Ravine and back. Maximum up and down. No screwing around with flat terrain.

#3 ·
yeah those 40s to 70s temps in Flag sound terrible...:D

Sounds like a brutally fun ride James but I'll be in Flag --> Sedona --> Flag :thumbsup:
(only some of that on the bike )

#4 ·
Noelg said:

Sounds like a brutally fun ride James but I'll be in Flag --> Sedona --> Flag :thumbsup:
Especially after all the light moisture has made the trails sticky...No way I will ride in that nonsense. Light breeze, sun, mid 60 temps and tons of trail do not sound appealing at all. Yuck!

#5 ·
Noelg said:

Forecast for Mt Elden is temps in the 50s, wind gusting to 57mph! Enjoy!

#7 ·
Like I said, enjoy! It's looking like it's going to be cooler and windy, I'll save Flagstaff for when it's primo, in the 60s to 70s and not crazy windy. The weather here is so perfect right now that I want to get some good rides in before the temps get up close to 90. While the trees will provide some cover, wind speeds/gusts are also higher at higher elevation BTW. Possibly in the 40s+extremely high wind (brr chill factor!) is not what I want right now!

#8 ·
Jayem said:
Like I said, enjoy! It's looking like it's going to be cooler and windy, I'll save Flagstaff for when it's primo, in the 60s to 70s and not crazy windy. The weather here is so perfect right now that I want to get some good rides in before the temps get up close to 90. While the trees will provide some cover, wind speeds/gusts are also higher at higher elevation BTW. Possibly in the 40s+extremely high wind is not what I want right now!
Wont be in the 40's supposed to be in upper 60's in town, maybe 8 cooler on Elden...

#9 ·
#10 ·
Hey Jayem, Watcha got planned for Memorial Day weekend? I'll be up there at the cabin in Highland Pines Saturday afternoon to Sunday and me and a buddy wanna ride Sunday. Thought maybe if you're planning a ride we could tag along. I'm not too bad but my buddy is leaning towards beginner. Good legs 'cause he's young but not as much experience on the rough terrain.

Let me know...

#11 ·
Maybe Sunday. If the temps are warm I might want to do a ride in Flagstaff on Saturday, but I'd be open to a Sunday ride. Highland pines can be a good place to ride from, lots of trail options start from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.