Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Moved to Peoria where non

926 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Fletch 1 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Just moved to 98 ave and Deer Valley from Cave Creek. Where are the good places to go ride? I know White Tanks are west of here but dont want to drive that far to go ride. Any Help

Patrick

#2 ·
BallisticBatteries said:
Hi all,
Just moved to 98 ave and Deer Valley from Cave Creek. Where are the good places to go ride? I know White Tanks are west of here but dont want to drive that far to go ride. Any Help

Patrick
Deems is pretty close to you. About a 10-15 minute drive. 51st Ave and Happy Valley.

#3 ·
dunerinaz said:
Deems is pretty close to you. About a 10-15 minute drive. 51st Ave and Happy Valley.
^ That. And West Wing is close to you, Sonoran Trail is just north of Happy Valley and just east of I17. Pyramid Peak area has a little bit of everything and is a bit of a secret. Shhhhhh don't tell anyone........... It's north of the canal north of 51st ave area. Happy to show you around any of them. :p

#5 ·
Welcome :) look on the Deem Hills and Stetson Valley posts for maps and info. Also look at BCT Emery Henderson TH off New River Rd. Another option is the area between Vistancia and hwy 74(Wickenburg hwy), and the new Sonoran Preserve trails NE of Happy Valley/I-17.
Alll of these are close, free, and different. Vistancia is rolling jeep roads, Deem Hills and SMP are wider singletrack, with lots of climbing, and BCT is remote singletrack.
Deem Hills and SMP are popular night riding trails if you have lights.

#9 ·
Met BallisticBatteries tonight at Deems to show him around a bit and to take my first night ride (cherry broke) man is that a blast and such a different perspective. Can't wait to do it again. I picked up a Baja Designs Sryker Pro and this thing rocks! I was concerned by it's small size that it wouldn't have enough light to be able to ride comfortably but I was wrong. Just as some of the reviews on this site mention, it would be a great helmet light due to it's size and weight. I had mine bar mounted tonight and it worked great as my one and only light source. BallasticBatteries has a lot more experience with lights and he too was impressed by it's size and output. Thanks again to Shannon at Baja Designs for answering on my questions and awesome customer service! Thanks for a fun ride and it was nice meeting you BB.

#10 ·
Fletch 1 said:
Met BallisticBatteries tonight at Deems to show him around a bit and to take my first night ride (cherry broke) man is that a blast and such a different perspective. Can't wait to do it again. I picked up a Baja Designs Sryker Pro and this thing rocks! I was concerned by it's small size that it wouldn't have enough light to be able to ride comfortably but I was wrong. Just as some of the reviews on this site mention, it would be a great helmet light due to it's size and weight. I had mine bar mounted tonight and it worked great as my one and only light source. BallasticBatteries has a lot more experience with lights and he too was impressed by it's size and output. Thanks again to Shannon at Baja Designs for answering on my questions and awesome customer service! Thanks for a fun ride and it was nice meeting you BB.
Night riding roks eh.
Same here, I got the Stryker pro first and added the bigger Stryker to the bar later. The combo of the 2 will blow you away!
Would love to be riding Deem Hills after this light rain, but my vision, especially at night is not up to it yet. Blurry/double vision...only can do easy-moderate trails for a while. :bluefrown: Dagnabbit!
Oh, Sonoran Mtn Pres. trail is another good night trail. One of my fav local trails, with amazing flow, climbs, and views.

#11 ·
RobZona said:
Night riding roks eh.
Same here, I got the Stryker pro first and added the bigger Stryker to the bar later. The combo of the 2 will blow you away!
Would love to be riding Deem Hills after this light rain, but my vision, especially at night is not up to it yet. Blurry/double vision...only can do easy-moderate trails for a while. :bluefrown: Dagnabbit!
Oh, Sonoran Mtn Pres. trail is another good night trail. One of my fav local trails, with amazing flow, climbs, and views.
I'm sure you will be back out there soon but it has to be frustrating waiting to heal. Sounds like based on your last doctor visit post, you are doing good though, don't push it.

I was thinking about doing the same as you, Stryker on the bars and putting the Stryker Pro on my helmet for the trails I am not familiar with. I was blown away that I could see as well as I could last night with only the Stryker Pro on my bars. I will probably pick up a Stryker and play with the reflector so I can hit one of the McDowell night rides I have heard so much about. I was on the front westside downhill section of Deem last night about 8pm and I don't think I was much slower than I normally are in the section during the daytime. I was very comfortable with that little golf ball sized light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.