Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I went up a hill. weeeee

927 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Gilly32 
#1 ·
I have been in terrible shape for years (since I had bilateral tib breaks)... I could hardly ride up a slight incline for 100 yards a couple weeks ago...

Well, today, I wanted to see how far I could get up into a local cemetary (on the road) because I felt too tired to drive (or ride) to a trail. I made it.

I can hardly move, but after only a couple weeks starting from zero endurance, I am happy with myself.

I only post because I mentioned I was having trouble climbing in my first post here, and got a lot of support :) so thanks.

/PattingMySelfOnTheBack

#13 ·
Awesome! Me too! Just a few days ago, I pedaled down to a local restaurant and had a ham sandwich. Had to fuel myself up because the ride back home was going to be all uphill. Didn't think I would make it, but I did! Next time, I'm going PAST the restaurant! So I feel your excitement. Wooooooo for us!

#14 ·
hdparrish said:
Congrats and keep at it. Stay with it long enough, and you'll laugh at the stuff that used to trouble you, I kid you not.
+100000 i used to walk up hill (road) on my hardtail becaus 1x1 was too hard. now i'm riding a DH rig everywhere in 9th gear. just wait u'll be in 3x8 befor you know it :thumbsup:

best part about climing a hill is you always get to ride down one.

just tell your self that you HAVE to make it up, not that you WANT to. dont give your self an option.......thats what i do atleat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.