Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Upgrade Advice

714 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  zebrahum 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new to the sport (kind of, had a bit of a look when I was younger) and recently bought a Boardman FS team. After saving I have managed to achieve a budget of around £400 to swap out some stock parts for some better alternatives. Any ideas as to what I should be looking to upgrade on first, and what particular makes n models you would recommend, Thanks :)

#2 ·
Not knowing what year the bike is it is hard to make a recommendation but standard practice says that you get the most value for your upgrade from the wheels. That being said, I typically spend my upgrade money on contact points first. New grips, saddle, tires, pedals are always high up on my list of upgrades and quite frankly they are wear items that need to be replaced occasionally. I would put the money into contact points and save the rest of the money for when you inevitably break something or keep saving until you have a bike down the line that you want to swap your current ride for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.