Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Finally (after nearly 20 months of planning) i ended up buying my house in....

1K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  longhairmike 
#1 ·
first off, id like to publicly thank Maad for letting me borrow his Pivot and taking me on a great ride on hawes saturday morning.
Before the ride, I was ready to put an offer down on a house we viewed friday in Queen Creek near chandler heights and ellsworth.
yeah it was big as all hell, but it was a good drive just to the 202, there was a huge friggin dairy cow farm less than a mile sw, and i think Michael Stipe was the guy working behind the only sushi bar in town.

so saturday afternoon we visited the northernmost house on our watch list we put in an offer, and it was accepted.
June 15th, shana and I will be filling up the escape up with gas (i paid $4.45 this afternoon), loading up the bunnies, and making the 3-day, 1850 mile drive to our new place in:

Illinois can suck my Senator Dick Durbin...

See less See more
#3 ·
You've made a wise decision and one thing we've been lacking for years around here are samurai bunnies. We've got some jackwagon jackalopes and coy coyotes, but no samurai bunnies. Welcome to the fold. You've got some great trails out in your backyard there. Look forward to catching you on the trail sometime. I'll look for the hair.

#5 ·
In the words of the lot scene at a Widespread show 3 summers ago, let me quote some random dude, whom my dad and I met at PMA when Widespread played there....it was my Dad's first show (a very proud moment for me, I might add):

Me, speaking to Random Dude: "Hey, this is my dad....it's his first show"

Random Dude, to my dad: "Hey....Phucking awesome....I hope you're wearing a diaper!"

My Dad in response: "Why would I wear a diaper?"

Random Dude: "Because you're going to $h!t your pants"...........

#8 ·
Right on, and welcome to the hood. I live RMR and love it, miles and miles of trails right out the door. Your about a mile north of the 202, it's a 20 minute drive to SoMo. And if you are into road biking we have great roads with bike lanes, hills and less traffic than other parts of town. If you like to ride bikes you've picked a great spot.
See you on the trails.

#9 ·
Maadjurguer said:
In the words of the lot scene at a Widespread show 3 summers ago, let me quote some random dude, whom my dad and I met at PMA when Widespread played there....it was my Dad's first show (a very proud moment for me, I might add):

Me, speaking to Random Dude: "Hey, this is my dad....it's his first show"

Random Dude, to my dad: "Hey....Phucking awesome....I hope you're wearing a diaper!"

My Dad in response: "Why would I wear a diaper?"

Random Dude: "Because you're going to $h!t your pants when the bass player tries to eat you"...........
fyp

that was a fun show... wish they would come back through this summer. in vegas 7/15 & 7/16 to close a tour that goes all over the west, but no pma. just a bit farther east...

#10 ·
happy_ending said:
fyp

that was a fun show... wish they would come back through this summer. in vegas 7/15 & 7/16 to close a tour that goes all over the west, but no pma. just a bit farther east...
I hope you're wearing a diaper....becuase this summer I'm hitting the road and going to see them for a 4 night run, starting in Taos then the next 3 nights at Red Rocks.......:band:

The PMA show was awesome because I did Red Rocks after that show that summer as well...and folks in the lot at Red Rocks were drooling over the 1st set list at Flagstaff just two days earlier because they did the 4 man's in a row.....Dying Man>Sleeping Man>Travelling Man>Pusher Man......I felt lucky to get that.

#16 ·
Maadjurguer said:
I've never camped....is it a cool scene? I've always ridden my bike on FUTS so I can do an afterparty downtown.
Kind of low key, but we were in the main campground. I think the overflow campground on the north side was where eveything was going on. I didn't realize that until the next morning when I walked through that part and everyone there was packing up and heading to Redrocks.

moe played at PMA in, I think May 2009. I missed that but read some good reviews. Did you happen to catch that?

#17 ·
jimbowilly said:
moe played at PMA in, I think May 2009. I missed that but read some good reviews. Did you happen to catch that?
Yup....moe was good that day...I was up front for most of the show...took my dad to that too. Taking him to Jam shows is kinda like taking your little brother to a strip club for the first time...you gotta tell him to NOT buy the grilled cheese sandwich because it may look like a good value, but it's really not.

Sorry for the hijack longhair.......lol.....pun was not intended, but it kinda worked out too.

#18 ·
Maadjurguer said:
Yup....moe was good that day...I was up front for most of the show...took my dad to that too. Taking him to Jam shows is kinda like taking your little brother to a strip club for the first time...you gotta tell him to NOT buy the grilled cheese sandwich because it may look like a good value, but it's really not.

Sorry for the hijack longhair.......lol.....pun was not intended, but it kinda worked out too.
Are you kidding me? Best ****ing grilled cheese I have EVER had was at my first Dead show in 92 in Vegas. Best $1.50 I ever spent.

#20 ·
Great choice! Riding and freeway around the corner...perfect!

On top of being at a great mtn riding location, you also have the Brubys road ride that meets up by your new place!!! Wednesday is the best/fastest day to ride. 1. Sprint to the top right before the 4 way at the tube rental when heading east. 2. All out the first time Usery, and tempo the second. 3. No aero bars.

Get on their mailing list for weekend rides. This is an advanced group of riders that haul ass. Be advised. :)

http://www.azbrumbys.com/index.php?

#22 ·
Maadjurguer said:

excellent threadjack.

ha... remember this view? moe. lit up that night... 2nd set was diiiiirrrrrrrrty. far better show than they played at the orpheum the following feb... which was a bit of a snoozefest.

the mgmt for that place really **** the bed last summer and a new company has picked it up (booking, security, concessions... the whole deal) but has yet to do a damn thing. ill bet they could have booked panic w/o much trouble but i doubt they tried from what i have heard. such a great venue to let go to waste... and its a 10 min ride from my house.

have fun at panic this summer... taos will be cool. ill ive got lined-up right now is teh phish at the gorge and possibly tahoe. the whole kid/wife combo puts a damper on summer ter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.