Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tires?

704 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  big0mike 
#1 ·
What tire does everyone run here in Arizona? I just bought new bikes for me and my wife, we ride on the streets and packed dirt next to canals plus we live on the edge of the desert so we could see some loose dirt/sand aswell. Is there a good all around tire for everything? Would we benefit from a wider tire over a 2.1 or 2.2?

Thanks guys!

#3 ·
For basic riding just about any tire is going to work...Now once you start riding real trails it will be a different story. But for basic cruising the only difference you will notice between tires is rolling resiistance

#5 ·
clockwork said:
For basic riding just about any tire is going to work...Now once you start riding real trails it will be a different story. But for basic cruising the only difference you will notice between tires is rolling resiistance
Double that.

Wide tires are heavy. Any xc tire and a slime tube should work just fine with no real upkeep like going full tubeless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.