Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Getting back into it

509 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tribalhomie 
#1 ·
Greetings all,

I was an avid rider wayyy back when. I started when I was around 15 years old. Bought a 1987 Rock Hopper Sport and probably put well over several thousand miles on it before I had children and stopped riding. Back then, I was 160lbs. Now, I'm 300lbs. I want to start riding again. Mainly with my children, but also to get back in shape. My knees are shot so riding a bike is my best bet for cardio at this point.

I'm now into offroading with my Xterra and have gotten back in to the outdoors. I enjoy camping, fishing, and of course, trail riding. I was thinking about how awesome it would be to take my bike on these trips to help me explore a little more into where my truck can't go.

The main reason for me joining was to get some help with my bike. A fellow Xterra driver referred me here and said you all could probably help. Then I saw the Fat Boy challenge and really want to contribute to that as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.