Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Specialized Stump Jumper FSR XC ?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Wayne Meuir 
#1 ·
Green horn here with more questions.

Looking at a Specialized FSR XC, year unknown, Fox Vanilla Rear shock, Manitou Front shock, Mechanical Disc's, Deore LX shifters.

Don't know anything else about the bike except that it has fresh tune up, new cables, grips and platform pedals.

Guy wants $500.00

What say you?

Wayne

#2 ·
Sounds like it's close to 10 years old (when they used to come with Manitou forks). The full suspension pivots on those bikes can get pretty clapped out if they have been well used.

Got a picture?

Is it a craigslist bike? It's quite common for them to mis-remember the model year of bikes advertised there.

Hard to say if it will be a good deal without knowing more about it and how 'used' it is. Could be a 'no-freaking-way' or a 'go-for-it', but unless it's pretty 'un-used', I would generally shy away from 10 year old bikes for $500. JMHO.

#3 ·
Thanks, I was hoping someone could give me an estimate of the age. It is a local sale, looks good, no dents in frame but some scuffs and scratches. Tires and wheels look good and spin true. Don't know about the pivots. If they are clapped out, is that just a bushing/bearing replacement, or does it usually wear out the eyes in the frame/swing arm?

Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.