Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Good Trails near Heber or Reservation Lake?

909 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  wolverine85929 
#1 ·
A group of us are camping in the area and I am trying to find a cool mountain bike trail to ride. Anybody familiar with the area and have suggestions? Thanks

#5 ·
GilbertFire said:
Yea, we are looking at either Reservation Lake or Big Lake (White Mountains area). we are willing to drive a little if the trail is worth it.
Check this map. Do either the loop from Big Lake around Indian Springs Trail to West Fork Black River to Thompson and take the connector roads back to the lake for a shorter 18mile loop.

Or, go from Big Lake, up Rt 261 to Rt 273 to Burro Mtn to Thompson to West Fork to Indian Spring loop for a 28 mile loop.

More than you'll want, but here is a link to the google map for a 76 mile course around the Big Lake area I created. More info on the course on my site.

http://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapid=S185419Ic9c

Also, here is the link to the Springerville Ranger District trails and recreation page:

There are other trails in the area such as the East Fork, West Fork #49 and South Fork.

South Fork could be a good shuttle or a nice loop if you don't mind the 8 mile climb back up the road.

You could also make a loop going down the East Fork and coming back up the West Fork #49 Trail (or the dirt roads over there).

Otherwise drive over to Pinetop and check out the WMTS trails. Got a 60 mile course I've created over there too.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.