Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

12 Hours At Night - Prescott

4K views 52 replies 20 participants last post by  DCB Extreme Adventures 
#1 ·
Registration is open and entries are coming in for the 12 Hours At Night in Prescott to be held July 16-17 this year.

Hurry, only 3 days left to get the early bird discount!

http://www.12hoursAtNight.com

#5 ·
this was a fun event. I don't typically do events that go fast in tiny circles ;), but it had a lot going for it. small and laid back, good weather, very neat to go all night in summer. venue was nice and compact which made solo great. Good staff and amenities. The trail had a good mix of up\down\twisty - it was not a technically challenging trail but definitely was tough work in spots.

#7 ·
chollaball said:
this was a fun event. I don't typically do events that go fast in tiny circles ;), but it had a lot going for it. small and laid back, good weather, very neat to go all night in summer. venue was nice and compact which made solo great. Good staff and amenities. The trail had a good mix of up\down\twisty - it was not a technically challenging trail but definitely was tough work in spots.
Damn you! I wasn't planning on doing this. And knowing your adversion to riding your bike in circles, I was hoping your post was going to help support that decision. Now you have me second guessing myself.

#8 ·
skinny-tire said:
Damn you! I wasn't planning on doing this. And knowing your adversion to riding your bike in circles, I was hoping your post was going to help support that decision. Now you have me second guessing myself.
sorry, it was a good event, great weather. I don't care if I never do Old Pueblo again - I'm an employed adult who can afford climate-control and shelter.

#9 ·
chollaball said:
sorry, it was a good event, great weather. I don't care if I never do Old Pueblo again - I'm an employed adult who can afford climate-control and shelter.
I actually signed up for it last year, but didn't do it. Can't for the life of me remember why. Did the postpone the event? Bad weather last year? All I remember was, I just didnt' go.

Hhmmmm, I'm cheap, so if I do it, I want to sign up before rates go up.

#11 ·
Uh, looks like the wife has a half iron man in norcal or something that weekend and she's yapping in my ear about how she paid hundreds of dollars to enter and she's been training all year for it and this is one of her life's goals or something.....whatever. Long story short, if I don't go support her at this thing I'll never hear the end of it so I'm out for the 12 hour.

#13 ·
mtbkracr said:
Uh, looks like the wife has a half iron man in norcal or something that weekend and she's yapping in my ear about how she paid hundreds of dollars to enter and she's been training all year for it and this is one of her life's goals or something.....whatever. Long story short, if I don't go support her at this thing I'll never hear the end of it so I'm out for the 12 hour.
This is why God created divorce lawyers (or at least "I have to work this weekend"s).

I'm guessing you have an uncomfortable couch?

#15 ·
I'm actually super excited to support and cheer her on. There isn't much that fills my heart like seeing her out there competing or telling her great job when I catch her if we're both out racing.

#22 ·
Anywhere but in the middle of the venue. Last year was atrocious. I had my family there and .. well lets just say not this year because of it. Not sure how others are feeling but I would take 2 minutes off of my laps to go further away if nature calls then smell that thing for most of the night. Were the crappers in the same place in the past years?

#23 ·
The year before they were off to one side, and we had people complaining that they were too far away.......It just goes to show you, you can't please all the people all the time.

Very sorry that you won't be bringing your family because of that.

We will try to keep them further toward the edges this time.

#25 ·
Mailed ya' my check and paperwork yesterday Dave.
Solo.Yikes. . .

* I'm an old & Fat, drunken-trail-builder these days -- yet I'm excited for your dealeo'.

Al said there's a Blue-Grass Festival in-town this weekend, so I'm headed back "Up-the-Hill," -- maybe we can hook-up and you can show me this year's course, then go grab a beer or something?
* I think you have my cell phone, and I'm running-up Friday afternoon -- give me a shout and let me know?
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.