Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Bacon

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Bacon sundae

Votes: 7 30.4%

bike rack idea

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  LJYJ 
#1 · (Edited)
I got bored one last week and decided I needed a bike rack so I build a double stand for my mountain bikes, Well after that one turned out pretty nice I decided to build another one. and another and another..
I will be building a few work stands through out the week as well.
Basicly I was wondering how much intrest I would get before I start "mass producing" these and selling them on CL.
It seems like a great deal considering most of the other ones on the web go for $25+
These are great for apt or inside your home for those who dont use a kick stand.
Or to carry with you in your vehicle so you dont have to set your bike against your nice silver paint job on you 350Z.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I think it looks good. I would be more interested (and others I know) if they could spec out how many bikes they want in the rack or how tall they could be (if you have a bunch of kids bikes like I do). Maybe you could have a couple of options.

It sounds like Clockwork is about to start cranking out a competitive product so you better get moving before he corners the market.

#6 ·
Stick with metal. PVC looks like and acts like it cost $5. What's your material cost on a 2 bike metal rack? $10? Less? I bet you could sell a couple a month on craigslist for your $25, or more if you have them listed with Buy It Now's on Ebay constantly...with reasonable shipping ($10 or so)...

#7 ·
Haters

LJYJ said:
I got bored one last week and decided I needed a bike rack so I build a double stand for my mountain bikes, Well after that one turned out pretty nice I decided to build another one. and another and another..
Basicly I was wondering how much intrest I would get before I start "mass producing" these and selling them on CL.
It seems like a great deal considering most of the other ones on the web go for $25+
These are great for apt or inside your home for those who dont use a kick stand.
Or to carry with you in your vehicle so you dont have to set your bike against your nice silver paint job on you 350Z.
If you can make some bucks, and somebody likes your work. I'd say do it. Find out for yourself if it works for you.

#9 ·
LJYJ said:
I voted Bacon, because, well, nothing beats Bacon. Sorry.

#11 ·
MMMMMMMM Beer battered BACON!!
LMAO, I Never thought about That Longhairmike. I'm going to contact The CEO of taco bell.
Although taco bell and bike riding dont mix :/

:Reply to JohnbomC:
Cost can range from $2.00 -$7.00 Per unit depending on what I use.
The ones you see in the pics are Made from 1/4" steel rod and 1" chromoly tubing, They weigh @ 5lbs or less.
My towers and work stands are made from DOM and Mild Steel. It depends on what is needed to perform.
I realize that PVC stands can be made for cheap if one wanted to, but then one has to factor the cost of tools.
I did already make a couple from PVC, Thay are Junk, I made a rediclously large one And it still was flimsy and didnt seem to want to stay up unless there was NO wind and the frame and wheel were exactly straight, And fitting it in the trunk of a car was out of the question. I'm gonna stick with steel.

Thanks for the coments and suggestions.
I'm thinking about giving away a FREE pack of thick sliced bacon with every purchase. :D
LOL.

#13 ·
K3N said:
Aren't you already selling those on CL? I swear I saw those pics last night. But anyhow, if people buy them, make more
Yes I poested an ad on CL.
After having 100 Views on this thread in less then 24 hours from the first post, I decided to Post an ad. I also Posted in the Classifieds on here.
So far 13 Units have been sold as well as 2 custom builds. Most of them have been through customer referral. :thumbsup:
I dont think I'll be able to quit my day job but I can make a "little" money, Save people some money, and meet some nice like minded people along the way. Also Keeping Our $$ in the US and promoting small business. :cool:

#16 ·
longhairmike said:
14 ounces isn't squat for a burrito.
even the ones at chipotle can easily be 600-700g.
and frozen ones are good for nothing more than burning the crap out of the roof of your mouth.
Chipolte can't hold a candle to the Burittos at Sanchez in Tucson.

Barrio use to have one that was 5 lbs. Unfortunately, they shut down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.