Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which handlebar grips should I use?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Marin29er 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 Marin Alpine Trail 29er and am overall satisfied with the bike. My issue is that the grips that came with it were pretty crappy so i bought some ergonomic lock on grips that are decent but lately they have become sticky and I have found that they are not very comfortable. On a long ride my hands start to hurt and cramp up. I want to buy some better grips and am not sure if ergonomic is the way to go, or should I buy some regular lock ons and use handle bar upright ends. This last weekend at river legacy my hands got sweaty and my right hand slipped off and I wound up in a briar patch after i bounced off a tree. give me some suggestions.

#7 ·
I looked at the Ruffian grips online and i think thats what i will go with. I will probably be ordering them off of ebay. I am not that big of a hurry now i guess with all this rain we are getting. the parks will be trash for a week. sometimes i like to get an after work ride at RL, and weekends i hang out at cleburne state park. River legacy will probably be wet for a while. I dont think cleburne got much rain. I dont live very far from there and everytime it looks like we are about to get some rain, the clouds dissipate or move north at the brazos river line. Well anyways, thanks for the help. I have been looking for some groups to ride with. I have heard of the River Rats and would like to ride with them. If anyone knows of some groups holler at me. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.