Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sedona - a few pics

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  shelbster15 
#1 ·
Having both decided upon the need to escape the unusually cold clutches of winter here in northern NM, Rick and I took advantage of a forecast high pressure system and hit the road for Sedona this past weekend. We're both in the kinda shape you might guess after a long cold winter of no riding, but living at 7500 feet has it's advantages when you travel down to the desert, so the suffering was at a minimum. Rick is between FS bikes at the moment, so in a show of solidarity I brought my 29er HT, too. I remember Paul B. mentioning once that you can have fun on just about any bike in Sedona, and he's right. Thanks to TD's trail descriptions, and a map from a friend of a friend, we were able to find Highline and the Hogs, and put together a couple nice loops. Most importantly, while it was 15*F when we left Santa Fe, it was a balmy 70*F in Sedona. Mission accomplished! We took a break and baked on the red rocks like a 2 lizards. Here's a few pics:
1, 2, and 3 are Rick. 4 is me goofing off at Chicken Point, and 5 is a cabin near where we camped. Man, it was good to get away!
- Joe

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Dead Horse Ranch State Park, in Cottonwood. About 15 minutes away (and a world apart) from Sedona. I recommend Georgie's Cafe for breakfast. FWIW, there's a short loop you can ride from camp, a mix of singletrack and DT, which can be fun, esp. clockwise.
- Joe

dstepper said:
Where is the cabin at?

Dean

#14 ·
When the snow started flying, I put my Alfine-8 IGH on the back, w/ a 32-23 combo, so that's what I had in Sedona. My usual 32-22 SS setup would've been fine, but then I'm an old Clyde w/ no racer-boi pretensions. But as fine as the usual Sedona fare is on a 29er HT, I'll be bringing the fully next time and looking for more air time.

p nut said:
Nice. What was your gearing on the Jabber and how was it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.