Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Merry Christmas everybody!!!/Present thread

1K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  dbabuser 
#1 ·
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everybody!

So, what'd y'all get?

Thus far I've gotten...

Ride Kink 156
Burton Freestyle bindings
Selle Italia saddle
X.9 Shifter
X.9 derailleur
about a dozen pairs of biking socks
Earthed
The Collective
2- 2.35 Maxxis SemiSlick High Rollers
that King Arthur movie
a Hendrix cd
some small things
a couple shirts
and thats just about it.
Still got to go to the relative's house. :D

Have a good day.

See less See more
#6 ·
singletrack said:
I got a firm reminder that I'm Jewish and my family lives 2000 miles away.

Somebody at work gave me peanut brittle.
Man, I'm surprised that's all you got, J.D. seems like the type who would've whipped up some gift baskets for all of his riding aquaintences over there, you know, scones, candles, loofa pads, etc... . :)

#7 ·
I got:
a burton snowskate
a new bike stand
a new truing stand
32 piecce tool kit
2 DH tubes
i pod mini
$25 gift card to itunes
bike socks
cds
candy
shirts

#8 ·
Oh yeah...I also finally threw down for some descent burton bindings after blowing out my last set over shooting a tranny. That's the worst I think...I had plenty of time to think about how bad it was going to hurt....and then finishing off the "landing" with only one foot in....highly interesting.

edit: Yes, this season was about me me me...

#9 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Oh yeah...I also finally threw down for some descent burton bindings after blowing out my last set over shooting a tranny. That's the worst I think...I had plenty of time to think about how bad it was going to hurt....and then finishing off the "landing" with only one foot in....highly interesting.

edit: Yes, this season was about me me me...
wanna head up to the mtn tues or wed???

I've had many a time where i over shot a tranny and man does that ever blow. All that time to think how bad its going to hurt. rollin down the windows and hoping that your knee doesnt get shot up into your chest

#10 ·
snowskilz said:

I've had many a time where i over shot a tranny and man does that ever blow. All that time to think how bad its going to hurt. rollin down the windows and hoping that your knee doesnt get shot up into your chest
Todd we're still headin up Tuesday right? I think my mom will let me despite her not wanting me to....

#12 ·
I'd be down if I was in town AND I had some vacation...being that I'm not and don't respectively, I can't. In the new year I'll be down for a few mid weeks trips up to the slopes though.

FWIW, I neglected to mention the reason I overshot the tranny...I was on the "kiddy" jumps at Beaver....

#14 ·
snowskilz said:

i'd go too but ill be driving home from spending Christmas with my relatives in kansas

im going to be at vail in the end of the month (like 30 and 31) with one of my friends from canada and then maybe at winter park the second

hey COmtbiker i'd be cool to see you there if you can keep up with my haulin' ass speed (last time i was at winter park with alex we got out passes checked because, as the patrol man claimed we were going sixty)

alex has to get surgery on his wrist because he broke it boarding with me last year and it didn't heal right so he'll be done for the season starting tomorow

so my friend and i will probably be in the terrain park most the time unless there would be some pow in the bowls

P.M. me if you would want to go and i could give you specific times

edit: oh year i got some
candy pedals
spx pro bindings
a couple t-shirts (661 and marzocchi)
some crocks
a bit of money
and some other little things

#17 ·
I have all the parts already actually...In fact it's pretty much built. LX vbrake hub in the back. It's mostly built up from the spare parts bin. Only thing I was waiting on was a Surly tugnut and a Seat collar...no one seemed to carry the right size....and my lovely "local" LBS took two weeks to get it in...last time I go local for sure. The Z1 will actually be going on the heckler...the steelhead will get my beat up Talas. Soon as I'm back in town, I'll finish building it and take it out for a test ride....probably a new year's day ride actually....speaking of which.....someone should organize that again.

#18 ·
Lot's of $$
Camelback 1.5l
Bell full face helmet
knee/shin guards
Spy Scoop goggles
new straps for broke binding
Protec freeride helmet
poker set (clay chips!)
XM boombox
mini Ipod
assorted sweaters
Cateye Enduro 8
Tiger Woods 05, Star Wars Battlefront

I almost feel guilty. Almost.

#19 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Soon as I'm back in town, I'll finish building it and take it out for a test ride....
Awesome. Sounds like a new toy, and upgrade project to play with later. Gear ratio? I regeared my Chase to 33-18T.

Didn't get (myself) much this Christmas other than a new 31.8 Diabolus stem and bar on my Chase (actually new bar on AC, swapped old one to Chase), new front tire, and over a nasty cold. And some nice cheap sealed bearing flat B-37 Weyless pedals at SuperGo for $20. Bought a spare pair too.

Cheers,

Dave

#21 ·
ironhorsebike1 said:
snowskilz said:

i'd go too but ill be driving home from spending Christmas with my relatives in kansas

im going to be at vail in the end of the month (like 30 and 31) with one of my friends from canada and then maybe at winter park the second

hey COmtbiker i'd be cool to see you there if you can keep up with my haulin' ass speed (last time i was at winter park with alex we got out passes checked because, as the patrol man claimed we were going sixty)

alex has to get surgery on his wrist because he broke it boarding with me last year and it didn't heal right so he'll be done for the season starting tomorow

so my friend and i will probably be in the terrain park most the time unless there would be some pow in the bowls

P.M. me if you would want to go and i could give you specific times

edit: oh year i got some
candy pedals
spx pro bindings
a couple t-shirts (661 and marzocchi)
some crocks
a bit of money
and some other little things
hahahaha, kansas! That sucks corbin.

Alex was telling me about his surgery, doesn't sound like it'll be stopping him from going boarding anyways. lol. Looks like there's a possibility of Keaton and I going up to Denver on thursday and hitting up the skatepark and stuff...not sure.

#22 ·
i was in texas and they had more snow than we did >:[

didn't get anything bike but i did get CASH which is just as good

bought a couple new rotor kits for my new wheelset (thanks DMR) and new lock-ons to replace my worn smooth ones. now all i need is another casette and the old wheels can be dedicated spares with my studs on for the winter.

#24 ·
x-mas haul

I got a few dollars towards the new bike fund, also got a couple of the videos that I borrowed from Josh, so I can probly get those back to ya. Many thanks, you don't know how much easier it's made being stuck inside with only leg mobility excercises to work on.
I start rehab Thursday - woo hoo!
You'l have to keep us posted on your Steelhead progress IBMkid - once I sell a couple things, I'm gonna pick up one and we can compare builds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.