Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

is jericho around?

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  dlbennett 
#1 ·
Hey guys, any info on what is the most effective way to contact Josh at Jericho?
I purchased a Jericho on this site almost 7 months ago, it has a eccentric bb with vert dropouts, but no disc tabs just v's.
It was a frame supposidly built for the Roloff sp? system.
I was hoping to add disc tabs and the needed braze-ons.
I have called several times few months ago-even left messages ,but to no avail.
Any info would be great. As it is, the frame is just sitting-may have to sell it.
Any other folks/companies willing to make the upgrades?
Called Sycip, they recc. to send it back to Jericho.
Thanks

#4 · (Edited)
s. cali

thanks for the leads
I am a S. California local
I wouldn't mind mailing it off
I will search the site for jericho as well
edit-just read some nasty replies regrading the same question asked
I am not interested in those comments
but any other frame builder would be helpful
thanks again

#5 ·
Vulture...

Cycles is closer to you than Spicer. From the rave reviews on this board I would assume they do a top notch job with about any welding need on a steel frame(ask Padre or Sparty).

MC

chapel00 said:
thanks for the leads
I am a S. California local
I wouldn't mind mailing it off
I will search the site for jericho as well
edit-just read some nasty replies regrading the same question asked
I am not interested in those comments
but any other frame builder would be helpful
thanks again

#6 ·
Right you are

Vulture does that. He's done many disc retrofit projects that I've personally seen (as well as several EBB-retrofits). Wade at Vulture is quick, competant and his price is fair.

"You want paint with that?" Derrick at Vulture is an AWESOME talent when it comes to paint.

http://www.vulturecycles.com/

--Sparty

MellowCat said:
Cycles is closer to you than Spicer. From the rave reviews on this board I would assume they do a top notch job with about any welding need on a steel frame(ask Padre or Sparty).

MC

#8 ·
chapel00 said:
I will be giving those guys a call/email, come Monday.
Sparty do you know approx. pricing for the disc retro fit and new paint?
What is an average turn around?
Thanks for the info!!-and on Christmas no less.
I'll get in touch with Josh at Jericho. If he is capable of doing the work, I will have him PM you.

#9 ·
Dan'ger-thanks would prefer Josh first

Thanks for going the extra mile and contacting Josh
I would prefer sending it back to Jericho - factory fresh look with new decals
Should I be concerned about the turn around-guess that question is premature
I will do some pricing in the meantime

#10 ·
chapel00 said:
DO NOT SEND IT TO JOSH!!!! I think you will be better off sending it to a reliable frame builder and paying money for the mods! Trust me on this one!! No problem with Josh just his business manners.

HUGH
:)

#11 ·
chapel00 said:
That would be the one downfall to sending it back to Jericho - it might take a while to get back. I spoke to him about it a couple of hours ago and it didn't sound as though he would be able to do it for a reasonable price.

I know that he's done retrofit like this to some of his earlier frames, but it usually requires replacement of the seatstay and chainstay members, esp w/ the newer brake caliper units as he builds in the rear-most bolt into the dropout.

Also not sure if he's going to have any decals left depending on what model/year of frame.

I'll have to agree with some of the Jericho bashers that you may want to look locally for the retrofit work.

#13 ·
I'm not bashing Josh. Just telling the way it is. I have owned a welding shop since I was 19 yrs old(i'm 34 now) and if I gave service like Jericho I too would be out of business. I would still be a nice guy with great intensions but no credibility.

HUGH

Oh yea I still ride my Jericho once in a while. I have had to fix the frame twice myself.

#14 ·
HUGH said:
I'm not bashing Josh. Just telling the way it is. I have owned a welding shop since I was 19 yrs old(i'm 34 now) and if I gave service like Jericho I too would be out of business. I would still be a nice guy with great intensions but no credibility.

HUGH

Oh yea I still ride my Jericho once in a while. I have had to fix the frame twice myself.
hey hugh, what up??? happy holidays!!!

ever think of taking up frame building??? ;)

as for the jericho thing. it is sad to see a frame owner have to go thu this stuff, especially thru a small builder, like jericho/josh. you'd think you'd see people getting this kind of service from larger companies, and not a small custom builder. maybe josh just had growing pains??? the jericho stuff just got very popular at an amazing speed (and rightfully so, the jericho frames are nice!!!), maybe too quick for josn to handle.

to chapel00, talk to wade at vulture cycles, paul at peyto cycles and mike at desalvo cycles. i either three would go the work you need. i have dealt with all three and they were great guys. and, no b.s. in the customer service dept

cheers and good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.