Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dirt Jumps

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  eatdrinkride 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody know of any dirt jumps/freeride trails around the valley? Even if it's just in a dirt lot in the middle of a city, I dont care. I'm in the Chandler/Tempe area.

I just moved here not long ago and am still figuring out what's what. I have heard of the NRA pit and tried checking that out, but, no good directions. I guess my best bet there is to PM Clockwork? I also heard of a freeride section near papago?

I respect people's work and know what it takes to build a line. I've done it for awhile, but now Im just getting back into biking, and in a new area it's tough. I'd also be down to build some lines if anyone wants to help or knows a good location.

#3 ·
papago

if you park in the area to the northeast of the zoo... head east until to get to the canal, then ride down the path south until you reach an overpass... head south under the bridge and across the road. you cant miss it... there are only a few small jumps and the rest is pretty hairy because they have been eroded pretty badly... good luck!

#4 ·
Dirt jumps are protected secrets in these parts. I have some that I ride but the issue is they don't have good cover and I expect if we get too many people riding them they will eventually get dozed. Every week I cry myself asleep when I think about the day I show up and they are gone.

Obviously it would be nice to have a legal spot but don't talk about that here... there are too many opponents in the MTBR Phoenix community. Since we have a billions of miles of awesome technical single track it precludes the need for a REAL bike park with legal jumps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.