Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sedona help

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Pain Freak 
#1 ·
Help !! We're coming down from the midwest to stay and ride Sedona this Fri/Sat/Sun.

It looks like the weathers gone in the crapper on us, snow, cold etc. Being from the midwest we have the cold weather gear, so the cold's not such a big deal. Will the trails around Sedona still be rideable this weekend or should we head down towards Phoenix? We have a van so we can go where ever. Still plan on staying in Sedona but we're mobile.

Any suggestions are much appreciated !!!

#2 ·
MObiker said:
Help !! We're coming down from the midwest to stay and ride Sedona this Fri/Sat/Sun.

It looks like the weathers gone in the crapper on us, snow, cold etc. Being from the midwest we have the cold weather gear, so the cold's not such a big deal. Will the trails around Sedona still be rideable this weekend or should we head down towards Phoenix? We have a van so we can go where ever. Still plan on staying in Sedona but we're mobile.

You could ride Broken Arrow,Little Horse, Lama, Made in the Shade, Slim Shady, Templeton and HT as long as it doesn't rain over 5".It will be warmer in Phoenix by around 15 degrees.

TD

#3 ·
MObiker said:

Heavy snow in Flagstaff and rain/wet snow in Sedona at the moment, snow levels could drop to 3000 ft. overnight. Keep your options open and go where it's the dryest and warmer,,,,,,,,Sedona should be good to go again on the trails TD suggested by Saturday.:thumbsup:

#6 ·
thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate them.

We thought about heading down to Black Canyon City and doing an out and back on that trail on Friday, maybe head back to Sedona for Sat/Sun riding?

#7 ·
I'm in Cave Creek right now which isn't too far from Black Canyon City. It's raining pretty hard but Friday should be clear and sunny, albeit a bit cold. BCT rides pretty good good after a rain in my experience. At least the section between Table Mesa/Frying Pan and the BCT trailhead in Rock Springs. Maybe check the gage for the Agua Fria, it could be flowing pretty high.

#8 ·
MObiker--rockman is thinking on the same wavelength as me...not sure if that's good for him or better for me...but Black Canyon Trail, Rock Springs Trailhead south to Little Pan Loop out-and-back, some of the coolest singletrack in these parts, you won't be disappointed. Click here for map and GPS data.

Enjoy your stay--let us know where you ride and how it went! :thumbsup:

#10 ·
About 1"-2" snow in Sedona so far. I'd guess 6" by tomorrow AM and cold temps = no riding end of this week or maybe even the weekend. Don't feel bad, I've been here since sunday and only got (1) 45min ride thanks to my wife.......woopie.

#12 ·
My plans were changed at the last minute as my wife became ill and ended up in the hospital so I had to stay home. I forwarded this thread to my 2 riding buddies who completed the trip so I hope they found some good riding. They talked about doing BCT today.
Thanks again for all your suggestions. My sister lives in Phx so I aim to be down there sometime in the not to distant future. My last trip down I road south mountain. BTW, has anyone on this forum really ridden up National? I pushed my bike up 50% of it last time I was there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.