Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

air fork shipment

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  rugbyred 
#1 ·
The pressure that fork sees when it is mashed down during a big hit is pretty high. If you've never tried it, leave the shock pump on the fork, squish it down, and watch the pressure climb. Those seals will hold a lot of pressure. Air shipment shouldn't be a problem I think. Is it misbehaving?

#5 ·
fixbikeguy said:
The tires of the plane don't explode when it is in flight so I think a fork should be fine. Pretty much all the cargo areas are pressurised these days as peoples pets travel in there as well.
yup thanks guys and well for the guys that asked if it was not working correctly,i haven't recived yet, it arrives tomorrow but i wanted to know if it was going to arrive ok because of the airplane.

thanks

#8 ·
rugbyred said:
You don't need to worry as the cargo hold is pressurized as mentioned earlier. If it wasn't, every liquid in your suitcase would explode and be all over your clothes.

Eric
only a small part of the cargo hold is pressurised, but majority of cargo moved is not in a pressurised cabin.

only live animals realistically will be taken into that cargo. where as a parcel containing an undisclosed item will not be put into the pressurised cabin.

however surly its the same thing for shocks ect. on frames with lack of air pressure?
it will be fine, nothing to worry about.

#9 ·
bxxer rider said:
only a small part of the cargo hold is pressurised, but majority of cargo moved is not in a pressurised cabin.

only live animals realistically will be taken into that cargo. where as a parcel containing an undisclosed item will not be put into the pressurised cabin.

however surly its the same thing for shocks ect. on frames with lack of air pressure?
it will be fine, nothing to worry about.
cool thanks:)

#11 ·
rugbyred said:
Not sure about cargo planes but all passenger aircrafts are pressurized. I would think the same goes for cargo aircraft but I am not certain.

Eric
even on passenger craft not all the cargo hold is pressurised, only a small part that is for animals.

#13 ·
Checking my Avocet altimeter watch while flying a few times, cabin pressure is always over 3,k and up to 7,k ft. altitude while flying about 20,k to 30,k ft.

Nothing to worry about fully pressured air forks and shocks with no outside pressure. Outer space is less than 15 psi lower than earth's sea level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.