Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone have a 120-140mm fork to sell?

982 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  gap 
#1 ·
I was riding out at SOMO the other day and hit a drop off, felt my manitou minute bottom out and stay locked, I sent it in and it costs more to rebuild than to replace, so im trying to find anyone with a decent fork for sale, if you have anything or any ideas let me know! thanks!

#7 ·
I have one...

I have a 2005 Marzocchi AM SL 130-150 that I don't ride anymore. Was rebuilt and then I bought a 29er and just left it sitting there. $100 negotiable. It's nothing special but it worked just fine for the riding I was doing. QR axle.

ScottN

#10 ·
cookiedough- I took it in to my buddies shop and he had it sent out cause manitou doesnt do any of their own work, it was supposed to only be $60, but I guess it was wrecked way worse than just an overhaul, I can get you the company name but It was somewhere back east I believe

#16 ·
dunerinaz said:
Yep, they do, so keep this in mind. They call it Genesis geometry with a more offset fork. Any other normal fork is going to change the wheelbase and handling.
I called 2 fisher dealers and looked on their website, the 29ers have the G2 geometry and my bike has the standard 1 1/8 so I shouldnt have any problems according to them

#17 ·
Mesa menace said:
I called 2 fisher dealers and looked on their website, the 29ers have the G2 geometry and my bike has the standard 1 1/8 so I shouldnt have any problems according to them
And On that note I retract my last post, It does have the g2 geometry, the 2 shops were wrong and I looked up the wrong thing on the website, but on the same token it sounds like its not gonna make a huge difference except its going to take away some of the sensativity in the steering, which im fine with (I like going straight anyways) anyone have an opinion on that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.