Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ti spring for M3

645 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
Hey, i have been looking into dropping some weight off my Intense M3 and looking into a Titanium spring for my DHX 5.0 450x3.25. The problem is i can only seem to find 3.0 sizes from Renton. I am sure some one on here knows of this problem. Any solutions or ideas would be great Thanks in Advance.

#2 ·
bman09 said:
Hey, i have been looking into dropping some weight off my Intense M3 and looking into a Titanium spring for my DHX 5.0 450x3.25. The problem is i can only seem to find 3.0 sizes from Renton. I am sure some one on here knows of this problem. Any solutions or ideas would be great Thanks in Advance.
Fox has a weird way of sizing springs when compared to the rest of the industry.
Your shock has a 3 inch stroke and your spring fits 3 inch stroke shocks, even though it has 3.25 printed in the spring.

So, every spring sold to be used with 3 inch stroke shocks will work fine on your M3. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
bman09 said:
Thanks for the heads up! I will soon make the upgrade.Now i just need to get a loan to afford the spring, but i'm sure its worth it. btw- what does a stock spring weigh?
It depends on the brand, length and lb per inch, but Sicklines has a list going on with verified weights on various gear, springs included. :thumbsup:

http://www.sicklines.com/weights/rear-spring/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.