Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Guys, Dont know what to do, need some Advice!!

769 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  delnorte 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of either getting the 66rc3 from hucknroll right now to replace my domain 302 OR a 2010 vector hlr to replace my van r. I'm torn between what I should do. The 66 will give me more adjustment, better dampening, more stiffness upfront and the vector will give me an extra 1.2 inches of travel in the back (the one i'm looking at getting is a bigger stroke than my van) and the ability to adjust hi and low speed compression etc. The vector will cost me about a hundred dollars less. What should I do guys? Go for the fork, or the rear shock? what will make a bigger difference???

#6 ·
Thats going to cost quite a bit. I dont even think avy makes internals for the domain and getting an mx tune on the van will still not make it as good a shock as the vector. Out of the two options, 66 or vector, what would get? those are the only two things I am considering.

#13 ·
Run like hell form Marz forks. I've hated every Marz fork I've ever owned and the only Marz I've ever liked is the Roco rear shock on my Giant Glory. Every Marz fork that ever came on any bike I've owned has never worked like it should.
I've also seen all of my buddies learn the hard way that they are gonna find great deals on Marz forks, but ultimately end up with a fork that didn't even work as well as the fork they just replaced w/ the new Marz. Also take the time to review Marz cust service when it comes to issues with their products.
I've also seen my frinds and myself immediately assisted with any issues on our Rock Shox forks any SRAM product that fell short of it's intended performance for that matter.

Lastly, SRAM is an American company and Marz isn't. Now more than ever is a time help keep money closer to US families and companies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.