Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fox Van 36 RC2 Kashima!! WAY TO GO FOX!!!

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bullcrew 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured Id throw this out here with all the intrest in the new fox 180mm 36 forks.

This is an initial review I have taken it out for several rides and raded DH so far and will be doing the jump lines and ladders later this week already hit the stuff just didnt take pics yet.... Too busy lovin this thing....

Had to give the 2011 Fox 36RC2 180 mm kashima coated bad boy fork a try.... 1st impressions aside of needing to put the heavy spring in is WOW..... for a non custom tuned fork im completely floored at its performance........ this is not the fox forks i had in the past...... GOOD JOB FOX!!!! .. as of right now its probably the badest fork (single crown) out of the box.....

It has a mid speed platform or spot that gets stiffer not alot but enough that it acts like a mid speed valve. It pushes through it just fine and tracks very well its a little flexy but the bushing overlap keeps it solid feeling compared to a 36 I ran a bit last year. The fork feels very plush and doesn't feel dry like past fox forks.
It flexes but tracks and doesn't feel as stiff as the 66, or totem but mows over small bumps and I did bottom it hard tonight but I ran the medium spring and had the comp wide open trying different settings.
adjustment range is very broad and they do make a difference on each click.

As usuall needed to give it a shot and im glad I did, I will be hammering it for the next month or so to really run it through its paces and then to craig... this is a VERY VERY VERY SOLID FORK......

Raced last weekend DH on it to see how it handled at speed and it killed it, it does tracl ALOT like a 09 boxxer (32mm) which was a great thing it absolutley STAYS glued to the ground... It can be made to POP or glued to the course and it does both VERY WELL!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
And how much steeper will it make my descents?

#4 ·
Hangtime said:
How does it rate compared to the 2011 Zoke 66 RC3
Fox is better as far as feel and adjustability very nimble and precise, it flexes a bit so like the older boxxers its smoother in the rough (less deflection) and finds a path.
The bladder actually acts like a mid speed valve which gets rid of brake dive and compressing too far in the face of jumps, the fork is amazing....

Its also alot lighter than a 66.

In light of that I have not been riding it for months on end yet so Im not too familiar with reliability yet. No issues or leaks at all ran a 12 mile single track yesterday in the rain mud slippery roots rocks and a TON of huge rock gardens and rock drops into the rocks and huge watery muddy rain ruts... Fork tracked amazing did not feel like I didnt track once or was out of control...

I personally like the fox, I was not a fan of fox in the past... I liked them and had no real issues but after this year I can say Im blown away at its performance... Its an amazing unit...

I have nothing bad to say about the 66 its a different fork its more robusr, solid stiff, reliable and plush... Love marzocchis but I try just about everything out there and can hands down say FOX NAILED IT!!!!!

#7 · (Edited)
LonesomeCowboyBert said:
Just a guess, but he could be talking about how you tilted the second picture to make it look like you are riding something thats actually steep;)
Yeah its actually uphill I dont do drops or ride steep stuff... :D lol

Not my shot, not my vantage point. Its not quite as steep as it seems in the picture, but its one of a couple that were clean and clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.