Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Great Deals on Marzocchi Forks! And Totem!

2K views 48 replies 23 participants last post by  Norcoshore1 
#1 ·
#4 ·
eride1 said:
Damn I just bout a ti setup for 650. What the hell wish you posted this on Monday. F$kin sh$t as$ motherf$cken b$tch. Not you the shop that took me.
Sorry, I just stumbled across it after I got an email from Hucknroll.
I wish I could buy the 66rc3 ti but I will have to live vicariously through someone on MTBR.

#10 ·
Thats funny!

Gemini2k05 said:
Uhhhh 2010's have had ZERO reliability issues. And damn, those are some good prices.
You must work for marzocchi. I know of a number of the 66 Ti's that have self destructed. I owned one of them. Lets see... creaking crowns, leaking footnuts, low or overfilled oil levels from the factory, then 2-3 months for warranty repair. I've since been on a Totem Coil MiCo DH for almost a whole season of abuse, ZERO issues.

#12 ·
Jim311 said:
Haha, thanks for that, I needed a good laugh.

Saw one blow a rebound last month, I think it had 4 rides on it.
"Issues" as in systematic design or mfg. defects. All forks break eventually, and every production run has a few lemons, nothing is perfect. I'm talking about things like the old bushing slop, and piss poor ATA cart design on zoke forks, or Fox 40 fork penises or the condom bladders that tear all the time, or the lowers that desinigrate if a rock looks at them funny, or the rock shox....wait I don't know where to begin. (And no I don't work for Zoke, I just love them because they make the most reliable forks, by a LONGSHOT).

#18 ·
eride1 said:
doin it now. doubt it as its not an LBS, so they probably arent gonna worry about me coming back for more business. either way this sucks, nothing like feeling as if you got ripped off.
Hey man...just cause you didn't see this deal 'til it was too late doesn't mean your store needs to pricematch anything.

Backcountry buys closeout/liquidated stock in massive quantity, so they aren't paying the same prices that your LBS has paid.

Man up and deal with it. Sorry to be harsh, but I can't stand how many people think they are owed something because they didn't know about a particular deal. Also, when these mfgrs. liquidate to Backcountry, it often puts their dealer network in a bad position because they've paid a set price and they can't match the online prices Backcountry posts. I would not be surprised if those prices aren't below your dealer's costs.

EB

#20 ·
You honestly don't think there's a reason they are selling those forks so cheap? It's funny how complete bikes like the yakuzas sold to Airborne (or whatever the name is) that are going for $1200 dollars have yielded the classic "You pay what you get for" line from the same people that will avidly defend Marzocchi forks selling for next to nothing.

#24 ·
Doesnt say what year it is

gticlay said:
So the cheap Totem's mean they are turds too?
but the Totem says it has the mission control DH damper which would be late 09 or 10? They are asking +$100~ for the Totem then the marz forks, so they arent at rock bottom, give em away at cost, cause we cant get rid of them pricing. Rock Shox came out with a new damper and rebound cartridge and is probably trying to blow out the old models. Where Marz just tries to fix what was broken every year for next year's model.

#26 ·
ebxtreme said:
Hey man...just cause you didn't see this deal 'til it was too late doesn't mean your store needs to pricematch anything.

Backcountry buys closeout/liquidated stock in massive quantity, so they aren't paying the same prices that your LBS has paid.

Man up and deal with it. Sorry to be harsh, but I can't stand how many people think they are owed something because they didn't know about a particular deal. Also, when these mfgrs. liquidate to Backcountry, it often puts their dealer network in a bad position because they've paid a set price and they can't match the online prices Backcountry posts. I would not be surprised if those prices aren't below your dealer's costs.

EB
im familiar with close out thank you, im in an industry that deals with this very same issue. and your right there are many if not most times when inventory is blown out below cost which then upsets other retailers as they have paid and are sitting inventory above the retail closeout prices, which is a harsh situation for retailers and keeping them buying the next season on.

but as a consumer when you buy anything and it goes on sale for a cheaper price 2 days later its a natural reaction to be PISSED. you seem to be in the industry and venting about the processes that make you upset. so whos to man up, not trying to poke at you but maybe there is 2 unhappy people that are feeling the issues with close out. either way i always think the customer is right. and most retailers grant refunds to customers with this very issue, unless item or items are bought from a specific close out retailer such as bizrate, marshals, ross, amazon, liquidators etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.