Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fox Float RP3 or X-Fusion Air H3 for an Iron Horse MKIII.

583 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  keen 
#1 ·
For the AM crowd.

I know nothing about either of these shocks except that the Fox is obviously much more popular and a good deal lighter (~100g) than the X-fusion.

The shock will be going on a new Iron Horse MKIII frame I picked up for cheap. I'm aware that the frame will undoubtedly crack eventually, so I keep telling myself I'm not gonna ride it too hard...I have an M6 for that. I'll be doing a good deal of pedaling to get to some fast downhills. I will likely put a RS Pike in the front.

Any suggestions or comparisons of the two shocks?

Both shocks are used, similar condition, same price

#2 ·
FreeRidin' said:
For the AM crowd.

I know nothing about either of these shocks except that the Fox is obviously much more popular and a good deal lighter (~100g) than the X-fusion.

The shock will be going on a new Iron Horse MKIII frame I picked up for cheap. I'm aware that the frame will undoubtedly crack eventually, so I keep telling myself I'm not gonna ride it too hard...I have an M6 for that. I'll be doing a good deal of pedaling to get to some fast downhills. I will likely put a RS Pike in the front.

Any suggestions or comparisons of the two shocks?

Both shocks are used, similar condition, same price
I have spent quite a bit of time on the RP3 and only a demo ride on the H3. The H3 has a pronounced pedalling platform wheras the RP3 is a little vague. For all the adjustments the H3 had I found it to eat up the travel a bit too easy. The RP3 has different air sleeve options and can be custom tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.