Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

handlebars

606 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  eride1 
#1 · (Edited)
hey again:D

its me marc changing stuff in my bike again :p

well now my shock works well and dont bottom out hard thanks to your help guys :D

thanks but well yesterday i asked a guy why hes handlebar was so large and told me that because on downhill you need a longer hanldebar, so i showed him my hanldebar and he told me that it was very little and the rise was very big.

im going to order a new upper armour and some jerseys and pants,i want to order my hanlde bar too so which size,lenght and rise or not should i order?

i dont know if this info helps:

the one i got is 65cm and got a big rise

im 13 years old im 1.62cm and the bike is a little bit bigger than what it should be.

i hope with that you can tell me the size and everything.

thanks so so so much :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Go for some low rise bars and go on the longer end of what you think you need. Being you're 13 I'd start with some 745s. Sunline makes a nice one at a reasonable price. The thing with bars is that you can always cut them down but you can't go wider. I'd try the 745s and take a little off until you like how they feel.

People will try to tell you about a 'proper' bar width and while that gets you close it comes down to your personal preference.

#6 ·
when your as young as you are you probaly dont need new bars unless they are really small or ifyourtotallygrowing out of them. Handle bars are all about the feel and what feels comfortable for you. Unless your a pretty big kid with really wide shoulders you don't need them wide and depending on how your rig is setup you don't necessarily need low. I know there has a bunch of talk about wide bars but it's totally about what fits you and is comfortable. You go with wide bars and you'll need time to get use to them. Anyhow hard to say as I can't see your setup but definitely don't just buy into all this cooliade drinking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.