Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fox launch knee/shin pads sizing

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ustemuf 
#1 ·
Need help. I tried ordering them from my local shop but the first time they ordered the wrong pads and now if I have not heard from them for two weeks. I tried; I give up.

So, I need to order online but am not sure about sizing. I am 6 feet tall and skinny (163lbs). I get the sense I fall in between the medium and large. Can anybody provide some insight?

Thanks

Pete

#4 ·
too wide and large ....what?

i'm on my 2nd set of them (thats how many crashes i've put through the first set) and there was never a problem with them being "loose".

i'm the same height/build as the OP.. i tried on mediums and it ends up leaving ~2-3" of my lower shin exposed. they arent loose by any means... you know the straps are adjustable yes?

i wouldn't sacrifice any coverage, i'd get the right size and protect your entire knee/shin.

#10 ·
Hi,

could you please help me with deciding whether to go for the S/M or L/XL on the Launch Knee/Shin?

I have very thick calves (44cm/17inches) and therefore I'm thinking L/XL, but the length seems too much for me. 56cm/22inches ends 10cm/4inches above my knee. Could you please let me know the length from the bottom of the guard up to the bottom of the knee on the guard for both sizes?

Thanks a lot!

#11 ·
^ the medium will fit your calves albeit a little tight but you can loosen the straps up to compensate for this.

The large ones will be too long and they'll end up restricting your pedal motion because they will get pushed by your shoes. It's better to go with medium.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.