Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Biggest tire for a 28mm rim

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  b-kul 
#1 ·
Hey all,
So I am looking for some FR/DH (on the cheap!) tires and jenson has DHRs and Ardents for cheap and Pricepoint has some Intense tires for cheap too. I am running Dual Duty FR rims and I believe theya re 28mm wide, that is the current size but i doubt they have changed them that much over the last few years. I was looking at getting the DHR for sure since it is a 2.7 because Maxxis usually run a size smaller and 2.5s (Syncros) fit fine now. For the front I was thinking about the 2.7 Intense or the 2.6 Ardent, but are either of those too big for the 28mm inside width of the rim? I don't want the tire to roll or have too tall of a profile...
Thanks,
Paul

#2 ·
how much you weigh??? what style of riding you do

weight under 190 you can get by 2.5 tires very easy unless you are a little inexperienced...

my advice under 190 get some 2.5 mimions in front and high rollers in back

#3 ·
Riding weight with everything I am about a 190 pound rider. I would love to try that combo except they are expensive. The DHR and Ardent are 17 dollars now and the Intense tires are around 20, hence why I'm looking at those. These will be the shuttling tires so they will see rocks, jumps, socal type dirt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.