Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Going to Costa Rica for the first week of November...

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  norbyd 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am going to Costa Rica for the first week of November and would like to know if there are any Mountain Bike shops where I can rent an MTB and go on some guided tours of trails? I did something like this in Thailand.

Also, while I am at it, for those of you who are familiar with Costa Rica, which area should I stay in that is close to hiking, biking, and the beaches? Also is pretty close to the city and has a good nightlife? At the same time is safe.

Thanks

#2 ·
Tamarindo

My wife and I spent 6 weeks in Tamarindo. Great surfing, dining and ok biking. When we were there a bike shop had just opened across the street from Witch's Rock Surf camp/shop. They are a great base camp to have while there. Awsome people and very friendly.
As far as biking, single track was a bit limited and required some searching but they have TONS of remote back roads to keep you busy on adventures and it's great winter base miles!

#3 ·
I just got back from CR. I stayed in Quepos most of the time. Next door to the hotel I was staying at there was a MTB shop! I was going to arrange to go on a ride since the shop organizes them. It would've been a 15 mile ride through the rainforest, but I got rained out by Hurricane Thomas! CR caught the tailend of it which meant it rained 24/7 which eventually turned into a national disaster where 20 people got killed in landslide.

I loved the country and people despite this incident. Now I have a reason to revisit this country!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.