Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Are Vancouver trails still rideable at this time?

971 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gazz 
#1 ·
I'm coming to Vancouver next week for 3 days, and am trying to decide whether to bring my mtn or road bike. I'd prefer to go mountain biking but figured a lot of the trails would be closed or muddy as hell at this time.

Is that the case?

If not, any particular trails you can recommend?

If so, are there some nice road rides of say 50 miles in and around Vancouver?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Southern Man said:
I'm coming to Vancouver next week for 3 days, and am trying to decide whether to bring my mtn or road bike. I'd prefer to go mountain biking but figured a lot of the trails would be closed or muddy as hell at this time.

Is that the case?

If not, any particular trails you can recommend?

If so, are there some nice road rides of say 50 miles in and around Vancouver?

Thanks in advance.
Lower North Shore trails are still rideable without snow, as is Burnaby Mountain. Higher trails like CBC would be snowed under by now. Check out the trail conditions conditions board on www.nsmb.com.

Muddy? Hell ya, pretty much all year round, but especially now However, many trails are pretty well armoured, so mud isn't a "ride-ruining" factor. No doubt though, it's gonna be wet. You'll probably have more fun on the mountain bike, given that you'll be drenched anyhow. :D

As for recommended trails, Ned's, Corkscrew, Pingu/Pangor, Severed Dick are all fun rides on Seymour that should be clear of snow for the time being.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.