Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

St.Piertermaritzburg to St.George.....Kalula demo stoke!

765 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wasea04 
#1 · (Edited)
Piertermaritzburg to St.George.....Kalula demo stoke!

Lance Tueller, the USA dealer of Morewood RSA known here as MORE THAN A REP, just happened to be in my hometown this weekend, and he invited me to try out the Kalula on a local ride. Needless to say I was super stoked to throw a leg over one of these bad boys, and the ride did not disappoint. If I could sum it up, the ride quality had the plowability of a DH with the nimbleness of an AM bike. It did great over the rocks, cornered well, and jumped even better. The Kalula is now at the top of my wish list; time to pinch the pennies:D Lance is an awesome guy, he's very knowledgeable and personable, thanks again Lance:thumbsup:

I was able to take a little sequence shot over a double on the trail too, enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Liked it so much I bought one......different model though.

I picked this rig up and have been quite impressed with it. I've only put one ride on it thus far, so I'm still gauging how it rides, but so far very very good. SMT, I took my powerful viking hands and latched them to the rear wheel and pushed and pulled side to side..........and you know what? That tire barely moved at all, quite literally the stiffest rear triangle I've ever seen:thumbsup: Even better yet, it weighs 40lbs with dh tubes and dual ply 2.5 super tack's!

Here's the build:

2007 Morewood Izimu Small (only come in two sizes, the large has a longer TT by 1")
Avalanche Chubbie with Avy Ti spring
2008 Boxxer team
Industrty Nine's laced to 823's
Sunline bar and stem
XO shifter and Der.
Thomson post and WTB saddle
Holzfeller cranks
Formula Oro Bianco brakes
Minion DHF's front and rear

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.