Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2010 Marzocchi 66 RC3 Ti - Anyone out there got some ride time on one?

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Nick_M2R 
#1 ·
Have the option if getting one for an insanely good deal for my new DH/FR build at the end of the year, and was wondering if anyone out there owns one or has some significant ride time on one (or even the regular 66) I know the reviews of the new 2010 888's are excellent, and am hoping the 66 has similar reviews

Main points Im looking at:

Any bushing slop or creaking crowns

Was originally going to wait for the 2011 66's as they will be equipped with the new 66 evo cart, and possibly a tapered steerer (frame is a session 88), but this deal is way to good to pass up, so would love to hear some opinions

#2 ·
I picked up a '10 66 RC3 Ti last fall, no issues to report. Super buttery right out of the box and stout as hell.
It feels slightly over sprung for me, but I have not really messed with oil levels much yet. I keep waiting for it to get sticky and need a oil change but it hasn't happened yet.
Others at my weight (165) say the spring rate feels spot on for them.
I doubt you will regret buying the 66, and if you want you can always upgrade the cart to the evo when they come out.

#3 ·
I have the 2010 66 ti. Best fork I own, hands down! As Soulrider said it is buttery smooth and really is quite stout. Others have had a few minor issues and the CS isn't the best, but, man do they make some nice forks.

#5 ·
I've been pushing mine around for about 3 months now. Great feeling fork, buttery smooth, etc. So far it's been stellar w/o any oil leaking anywhere. I do have a minor creak that's either the headset or the fork. It replaced a Totem coil and I think it feels much smoother and it's more tuneable than the Totem (for my weight anyway). The Totem is stiffer though.

I weight 150 lbs. and I run it w/o any air preload and a couple clicks of coil preload and compression.

btw,
What is the benefit of the EVO cartridge vs. the RC3?

#8 ·
woodyak said:
I've been pushing mine around for about 3 months now. Great feeling fork, buttery smooth, etc. So far it's been stellar w/o any oil leaking anywhere. I do have a minor creak that's either the headset or the fork. It replaced a Totem coil and I think it feels much smoother and it's more tuneable than the Totem (for my weight anyway). The Totem is stiffer though.

I weight 150 lbs. and I run it w/o any air preload and a couple clicks of coil preload and compression.

btw,
What is the benefit of the EVO cartridge vs. the RC3?
Thanks for the reply guys!

Now Woodyak, with regards to the creak, when you swapped the fork over to the totem, did the creak go away or remain?

The benefits of the Evo cart are that you can tune the shim stack in the cartridge to the compression tune that you want, rather than dealing with a generic tune

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.