Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

recommendations?need tires/strips for outlaws

553 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  joggyj 
#1 ·
Just picked up some outlaws. any good tire ideas out there I plan on going tubeless? what size rim strips?

#4 ·
ust nevegal

I'm throwing in a link here but if you google search " ghetto tubeless" you'll find a bunch of similar ideas about how to go tubeless without a ust set-up. most involve using bmx tubes (20" tubes") and stans or some sort of sealant. My 2 cents about the nevegals is that I wasn't impressed with the UST version. I found the traction sub par. I loved the stick-e version of that tire but they don't make a ust with stick-e rubber. I've been told that kenda specifically recommends against using stans sealant with their non-ust tires, although I know some people are doing it. In fact, I recall a similar thread from awhile back where some one said they were using outlaws and non ust wire bead/ stick-e nevegals with a ghetto tubeless set-up and he said they were working well.

http://www.spadout.com/a/ghetto-tubeless-say-goodbye-to-pinchflats/
joggyj

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.