Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

iron horse 6 point - slopestyle/freeride

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bunnyhopbikes 
#1 ·
hi im wondering what people think about using a 6point for slopestyle/freeride. i have a bike with components that would suit a 6 point also can 6 point hand a 180 fork ..i.e. a totem or domain or 66 anyway.......the thing is i can get a 7 point frame for about £500 and my 55 fork is only 160mm and the 7 point is 180mm so is the 7 point rear travel adjustable so the geo isnt weird with a 160 fork....... should i save up for a 6 point or go for the longer travel 7 point ......i will be doing jumps drops and dh stuff cheers

#2 ·
My head hurts.

Both frames have 150mm and 83mm rear hub and BB spacing, 1.5 head tubes and probably the same seat post sizes. If you have a 160mm fork - get a 6 point, if you have a 180mm fork get a 7 point.

Try and use some grammar in the future.

#4 ·
The 6point can handle a lot. You could even build it up w/ a longer stroke shock w/ a 180mm fork and have almost the same travel as the 7point. The 7point will handle heavier hits, plus it’s a longer bike w/ a slacker HA right off the bat (2008-09). (the 6points run a bit short) You can put a DC fork on the 7point. If you are debating between the two for a “DH” bike I’d go with the 7point, it'll be a better DH/FR/huck bike, but if you still want to pedal, the 6point can definitely be built up as a "lite freeride” and will still be able to take its fair share of abuse. (check out the Iron Horse board for more info)

#8 ·
The MKIII is better than both for ss. Are you really ss'ing? Or more like freeriding? If thats the case, get the 6point with a 160mm. I was riding this till I spotted the characteristic crack at the chainstay. Oh, and IRONHORSE is DEAD:madmax: Don't get one. There are many other great choices with companies alive who can support their products.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.