Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Just found out...

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  flipnidaho 
#1 ·
...that I could use the king +5mm lower race with my cc110 hs. It works PERFECT. I really didn't want to run the king lower cup to remedy the talas knob hitting the DT. Both headsets use 45^ contact bearings and the bearing races are apparently compatible. STOKED!

#3 ·
flipnidaho said:
Yep.. On my old Canfield (which had really bad clearance), I ran the Cane Creek +5mm Lower Cup with the Ventana made +7mm CK crown race and it was a perfect fit as well...
The S3 +5mm cup/bearing works with the Ventana +7mm race?! Ohhh this could finally solve my problems on my hardtail!

#4 ·
Bulldog said:
The S3 +5mm cup/bearing works with the Ventana +7mm race?! Ohhh this could finally solve my problems on my hardtail!
Sure does but you probably won't hear it recommended by Ventana, CK or CC... Even with the +5 lower cup and the +7 race, my 36 still hit the DT on the Canfield... The new One has addressed this though (and I've since sold this bike)...

#6 ·
flipnidaho said:
Sure does but you probably won't hear it recommended by Ventana, CK or CC... Even with the +5 lower cup and the +7 race, my 36 still hit the DT on the Canfield... The new One has addressed this though (and I've since sold this bike)...
Thanks for that shot! I'm trying to correct a handling issue on my hardtail. It's a modern geo designed around 80-100mm forks. But I'm in love with my oldschool Marzozzhi Z2 Atombomb and it's short chassis and shorter 72mm travel. It's a perfect fork for the use, but handling is too twitchy and the ride suffers. The S3+5 is not enough. I put a huge tire on front and short tire in back and that helps a lot, but I'd rather not run that tire up front. The Ventana +7mm race might do the trick.

Was your One never designed for SC forks?! That looks like a rather major oversight! One of the first 2-3 things that should be addressed in a frame drawing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.