Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Most Challeging MTB in Argentina?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pedro_s_i 
#1 ·
For those that live or have ridden extensively around Argentina what is the best area for challenging cross country mountain biking in your opinion? I am planning a trip to Argentina and would like to get a few rides in if possible. I hate cold weather so anything too far South is automatically off my list.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Unfortunately South West is the way to go if you are looking for MTB in Argentina
Regarding how cold it gets depends on the time of the year and how south you move. For example, Bariloche and San Martin offer a mild weather during the summer (10-25°c) and have excellent riding spots; which are normally covered in snow after May.
Mendoza (not in the Patagonia, but just north if it) is around 40°C in January and during July the temperature drops to 0° or less, at least next to the Andes, where you should go if you are looking for challenging MTB.
So if you travel before April /May you´ll get “mild” weather from Mendoza to Chubut and if you travel during the winter you’ll get snow.
Anything south of Chubut is cold year round.
There are some areas in Cordoba (centre of the country) and the North-west region (Salta, Tucuman and even Jujuy), but definitely they don’t offer anything as challenging as the.
Anyway, if you loathe cold weather, don’t even think of visiting Buenos Aires (and 85% of the country) from May till July.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.