Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

**PAGING** Acadian

416 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Acadian 
#1 ·
I know you've been riding a DHR for a while, so maybe you'd be able to help me. I recently ordered a whole bearing replacement kit from Casey@Turner. I've replaced all the pivot caps, bearings, etc. All except the ones in the wishbone (or......shock actuated linkage, for the lay person). I can't get those out! I've tried the usual tapping an equal sized socket, but to no avail.
Have you an idea of how to remove these without effing anything up?
Any advice would be super wicked awesome.........and sweet. :D

PS, have you got an '05 DHR yet?

#2 ·
DHRich said:
I know you've been riding a DHR for a while, so maybe you'd be able to help me. I recently ordered a whole bearing replacement kit from Casey@Turner. I've replaced all the pivot caps, bearings, etc. All except the ones in the wishbone (or......shock actuated linkage, for the lay person). I can't get those out! I've tried the usual tapping an equal sized socket, but to no avail.
Have you an idea of how to remove these without effing anything up?
Any advice would be super wicked awesome.........and sweet. :D

PS, have you got an '05 DHR yet?
you're talking about the bearings in the swing links correct? not the tubular sleeve that goes through the bearings (where fastening bolt goes through)?

Honestly, last time I simply sent all my swing links to Turner and let Greg/Dave do them for me since, like you, I didn't want to fok anything up. They have to be pressed in precisely and can't be crooked.

one option is you could make you're own press with a long threaded bolt, two nuts and a few washers. That in conjunction with those sockets (or get some proper size tubes at your hardware store) should work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.