Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

anti riser fubars/fu2bars

823 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CLONG 
#1 ·
anyone run fu bars or fu2's as anti risers? i have a great attraction to the look of mtn drops especially for ss riding but am afraid to jump into full on mtn drops because my local trails are pretty technical. i have fu2 bars for my new build and will try them anti riser for sure, just was wondering if there was anyone out there already doing it. i kinda think it might be the best of both worlds between sort of standard mtb bars and mtn drops. any thoughts...

#5 ·
I don't think you'd notice a difference between flipped/un-flipped alt-bars. Most people flip them to get a lower hand position than their stem/steerer will allow. It wouldn't be at all comparable to drop bars. The main difference is that with drops, you're in the bars. It would take a hell of an impact to knock your hands out of the drops.

FWIW, I run WTB drops on my SS Kona and I love it. I went through a brief time when I thought I could get a better body position with risers, but I'm back with a shorter stem and longer steerer. I don't get to ride really technical trails that often, but I don't find that the bars are what's holding me back when I do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.